I was trying to connect to a Mysql server in Dreamweaver Cs5.
When I test the server the following error appear ""an unidentified error has occurred".
The thing is the FTP server works fine, the test server is active.
The password and the name are correct and the host is correct too.
If I use a php script I have no trouble reaching the server but if I try to use Dreamweaver I keep getting the same error.
My Dreamweaver version is CS5, I am using Windows 7 in a Pc with a Intel Core i7 computer.
Please help me.
I never had this error before, and the SQL connection use to work in Dreamweaver CS3.
I don't know if you got this working or not, but I am going to add my 2 cents.
I was having the same problem, and after supplying a 'testing server' I was able to connect to my local mysql database
So, basically, you'll be using it for testing purposes only, then when the website goes live, or you want to update the mysql data on the remote server, you can just do an export from localhost phpmyadmin, to the remote server phpmyadmin.
This is the screen I am talking about.
This has worked for me for virtually ever issue I have had with the DW program itself. Completely safe to try and worth a shot.
Adobe Community Professional: Dreamweaver
Northern British Columbia Adobe Usergroup: Manager
Thompson Rivers University: Dreamweaver Instructor
My Adobe Blog: http://blog.lawryk.com
I tried deleting WinFileCache after closing Dreamweaver, and I still had the same problem. I tried it again several times and even shut down and rebooted. Then I renamed the Personal Configuration folder (ConfigurationBACKUP, and then restarted the PC, and still I am getting the same errors.
I can connect via FTP with no problems. Files already on the site still function properly - I can insert and modify data through the admin pages I created.
The only thing different is that I did an UPGRADE on all Adobe products today via the Help tab.
I have tried everything, but cannot get my database to work through Dreamweaver CS6.