Skip navigation
FlashKatt
Currently Being Moderated

Flash's own type with glow gets cut off

Apr 2, 2012 6:10 PM

Type I've created right within Flash and given that type a glow gets cut off!  Not only is the glow effect cut off at the right, but the actual type itself gets chopped..last character to the right...

Anyone know what's up with this and what the solution is?

thanks!

fkat

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 7:04 PM   in reply to FlashKatt

Have you tried making the textfield wider?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 7:30 PM   in reply to FlashKatt

If you added the space to the text, that is not going to make the textfield wider.  Is the textfield set to autosize?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 9:25 AM   in reply to FlashKatt

If you doubleclick the textfield it should display as a black rectangle with handles that you can use to manually adjust its width.  I think if you ajust the width in the properties it might ejust stretch the textfield rather than widen it (at least that's what'll happen if you try to manually widen it without doubleclicking it).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 9:32 AM   in reply to FlashKatt

Here's something else that's worth a shot whenever you have issues with textfields... try embedding the font.   YOu should find the button for that in the Properties panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to FlashKatt

That's odd.  I would have expected that to work the other way around.

You can only embed for a dynamic textfield, which is why you probably couldn't find the button for it... you should see it now. 

Anyways, another way you can probably get around this is to save the static textfield into a movieclip and apply the filter to the movieclip instead of the textfield.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to FlashKatt

There are some things that might never make sense (to me) when it comes to Flash.  There can be slight differences in the text between the two different textfield types which might have some bearing on what happened. 

Was the text bolded in the static textfield... did you notice if it is not as bold in the dynamic textfield?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points