Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Email Button format

Apr 3, 2012 11:44 AM

I have created a form with an email button, however it attaches the file in XML and I would like it to be sent as PDF.  Can someone direct me to where I change this.  Using Acrobat Pro 8

Thank you

Gary

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,711 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Apr 3, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to garywpaul

Did you create the form in Acrobat or LiveCycle Designer? I ask because XML would be unusual for a form created in Acrobat, unless you mean XFDF. If you created the form in Acrobat and used a "Submit a form" type action, just go in and edit the button action (normally Mouse Up), and select PDF as the Export Format.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,711 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Apr 3, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to garywpaul

OK. Normally I'd send you over to the LiveCycle Designer forum, but it hasn't been working today. What you need to do is use a regular button, as opposed to an email submit button. Then open the Object palette for the button and select the Submit tab. There you'll see where you can enter a URL and select the "Submit As" format. Just choose PDF for the latter. For the URL, use a mailto type URL like:

mailto:someone@example.com

making sure to keep "mailto" in lower-case and don't include any spaces.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,711 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Apr 3, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to garywpaul

I forgot to add that if this needs to work with Reader, you'll need to Reader-enable the form. In Acrobat 9 you'd select "Advanced > Extend Features In Adobe Reader", but the wording is different for Acrobat 8.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points