• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad upscaling and pixelation on YouTube.

Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated a couple days ago to Flash Player 11.2.202.228, I noticed that I had really bad pixelation on full screened youtube videos.

(The picture is really big so I'm just going to post it with a link.) http://i.imgur.com/4Mt9v.jpg

My monitor is 1920x1200, my brower is Chrome 18.0.1025.142 m and Firefox 11.0, I use both for reasons that I do not wish to go into.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 260, updated with the latest drivers as of 3 days ago (which there has been no update in the mean time).

I've tried disabling Hardware Acceleration, and updating everything I can.  Therefor I've narrowed this down to Flash Player, or youtube, but I think it's Flash Player because It started happening right when I updated to 11.2.

This is a very bad bug, and it's very annoying as I watch probably too much youtube videos.

Thanks for your help, and just reply to this and I will answer as many questions as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Can you give me an example URL where this is occurring?  I'll forward this along to our video team.  In addition, I'd like to recommend you open a new bug on this over at bugbase.adobe.com.  This FAQ will detail what information we'll need from you.

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single video on youtube, but it doesn't do it with 1080p.

I forgot to mention I have Windows 7 64-bit with all the latest updates.

The same problems occur on my laptop with the exact same settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick,

Can you send me (ccampbel@adobe.com) a copy of your dxdiag report?  Also, I will need an exact url from youtube.  I know that seems silly, but some videos are different than others and we'd like to make sure there is no confusion or mistakes when trying to reproduce this problem.

Here's a faq that details what steps we'd like people to take to troubleshoot and how to officially report video problems to us:

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm also having this problem! After updating do 11.2, youtube videos appear exactly as seen on Patrick's screenshot (the "player" looks pixelized and if the video has text, it appears with "steps" along the lines - screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/qysba.png - Also, now when I play videos in full HD, there are dropped frames! It never happened before!)

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 X64, and the problem occurs on Firefox, Palemoon and Chrome, but not on Internet Explorer and Opera (I don't have any idea why!).

When I was using Flash Player 11.1, youtube videos played smoothly and it showed "Accelerated Video Rendering and Accelerated Video Decoding" in fullscreen - now, it shows "Software Video Rendering and Accelerated Video Decoding".

My system specs:

Intel P6100 Dual core 2.0 Ghz

Hybrid graphic card (AMD switchable graphics - Radeon 5470 + Intel Integrated Graphics). Intel is using an early 2011 driver version because it can't be updated, but AMD is running with the latest driver version released - and I'm always using AMD.

320Gb hard drive

4gb Ram DDR3

Is there anything that may be causing this?

[My english might have some mistakes, sorry]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my problem by uninstalling all auto HD things for YouTube.  Try that then maybe Chris will help you more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed!

Just disabled Youtube High Definition 1.9 and everything went back to normal!

I'm going to report the bug to the addon developer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, How did you disable Youtube High Definition 1.9 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firefox button -> Extras -> Extensions -> Disable (or remove) Youtube High Definition 1.9.

Note: Other extensions like thumbnail preview for facebook or other Youtube High def plugins might trigger the issue. You should disable one by one until you find which extension if causing the problem.

Artikweb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines