Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Did you have Cloud start failures or a missing health monitor?

Apr 3, 2012 11:04 PM

Calling all CQ Cloud'ers.

Hi, My name is Gary Gilchrist. I work with the engineering team for Adobe CQ Cloud.

Today I was running some diagnostics on our site. I see that there are a lot of you out there who have got as far as starting your own CQ Cloud. Congratulations!

But I also see a number of Clouds that have been attempted to be started by different tenants (that's you :)) and never made it as far as the "running" state. There are sometimes good reasons for this, sometimes related to configuration of your Amazon AWS key information. But we're still in Beta and I must admit, we know of a few bugs we still need to iron out.

I also see that some Clouds were started successfully, yet I do not see the automatic health monitoring that we record for your Cloud. We do that after a Cloud starts so that you can see the CPU, Memory and Disk health of your CQ instances running in your Cloud. You should see this as little green bars in your Cloud detail page.

I have two questions:

1. Did you attempt to start a Cloud (and you believe your AWS credential is valid) yet it failed to completely start up?
  2. Did you start a Cloud successfully, yet you continued to see "unavailable" (gray bar) as the heath status for ALL the CQ instances in your Cloud? (please note that health monitoring for the Dispatcher is not working. It will fixed with our next update to the site, coming shortly).

If you did encounter 1 or 2 above please drop a reply on this thread giving only the name of your Cloud (no other personal information necessary) plus anything else you think is useful. We would like to look into it.

Thanks from the whole team here at Adobe for trying out CQ Cloud!

Gary.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points