Skip navigation
RandomQ_XD
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator and Photoshop (and Skype) keep quitting unexpectedly at launch

Apr 3, 2012 8:31 PM

Tags: #illustrator #photoshop #launch #won't #won't_launch #at #quit #unexpectedly #skype

I wasn't sure which specific one I should post this in, Illustrator, or Photoshop, or somewhere else :T So I apologize if this isn't the right place. But I really need to fix this problem. All 3 of these programs keep doing this..And I don't know why. So I deleted Illustrator and was going to reinstall it, however when I click on Adobe Installer, it also quits unexpectedly! Can you someone help me out to fix this problem? Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 8:47 PM   in reply to RandomQ_XD

You did not actually delete Illustrator? Did you?

You have to use the uninstaller you do not simply delete it or any other application except if it is the only option and for Illustrator you need to use the uninstaller.

You will probably have to yuuse the clean up script which you get from the Adobe site.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 11:17 PM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

You have deleted Illustrator and going to run the cleanscript then make sure before running clean script you remove all adobe product because I beleive you haven't removed photoshop and it may cause issue in uninstallation after you run the clean script.

Follow the steps:-

1) Remove the complete suite using the uninstaller :-

Win;- Go to control panel and uninstall

Mac:- Mac HD-->Applications-->Utilities-->Adobe Installers

2) Run teh cleanscript

3) Create a new user account and then install

---it will be better if you let us know the version of Illustrator , photoshop and the Operating system you are using.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points