Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 9:34 PM   in reply to zx3cv1zx30vzx23c01v3zxc21

Timeout detection and recovery.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 9:54 PM   in reply to JDelphiki

whenever i mute any video or tinychat it keeps making this annoying stuttering noise unless i unmute it

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 10:40 PM   in reply to Dennero1

Again, make sure you are turning OFF hardware acceleration in the right lick settings tab > display

This used to happen to me on 10.2 - are you updating drivers via the internal update dialogue box or via the supplier web site - Microsoft does NOT update to the latest drivers.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 11:15 PM   in reply to zx3cv1zx30vzx23c01v3zxc21

Yeah I got the updates directly from the websites for display drviers i also right clicked

and disabled hardware acceleration but the noise still happens

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 3:26 AM   in reply to rockbuilder

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2497/image11ty.jpg youtube

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5489/image12hc.jpg chess.com

on ALL firefox, opera and chrome, so it is not a problem with any of the browsers or any of the sites, it is a problem with flash.

please fix this. it is only since this morning and the lousy update to the last flash player version. this is disappointing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 3:48 AM   in reply to JDelphiki

Well, ive tried all drivers from 275.33 and up, when i was using 275.33 the beta of 11.2 was out,still same problems, green screen etc, i updated drivers when beta was installed, still get same problem, now im using the latest driver for gtx 580 with the official release, still get same problem, i even modded the 680 driver and installed it, same problem, so there you have it, i cant see what elsae it could be apart from the flash player itself.I have an idea, that only the most popular codecs that ppl use online streaming have been tested and flash as been made to work with them, but ppl use all kinds of codecs, they need to test the player with not so common, i mean, nearly every video works on youtube, apart from a few, i suspect there different codecs. Other sites not so popular, i use them to watch latest movies and my fav US soaps so im not behind 1000 years lol, well these have the major green screen and that every frame stutter, each frame will stop and can see it moving to next frame instead of being seamless so to speak.I also get a complete freeze of the picture and sound will still play, picture can dissapear and sound will still play, i get that pink and green noise, if i move the slider i get blocks of color instead of picture.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 4:35 AM   in reply to boe323

Not sure which is the biggest failure, releasing software that simply does not work on the vast majority of machines without overhauling your itnernal drivers which 99% of users are NOT going to be able to do - OR - Adobes absolute silence on this issue.

The major websites are starting to catch on to this - pretty much teh final nail in the coffin for flash.

Disaster - someone needs to be made accountable at Adobe - all this blame and denial is appalling.

Time to speak to Wired and Reddit - get the ball rolling.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to rockbuilder

I have this problem, too.

I am using IE9 with win 7 64.  Some flash videos will not play.  Funny, the commercial that comes first plays, but then IE stops, closes, restarts and the same thing over again.  And, when I do get to play a video, I get the green stripe across the top.  This is happening on espn and other websites.

Sad to say, I uninstalled the 11.2 and install the most recent version of 11.1, but the flash videos on espn won't play with the 11.1.  They want me to update to 11.2, the version that won't work with my nvidia optimus 1000 graphics card in my laptop.

I'm at a loss what to do, since the 11.1 version isn't accepted by the website.

I wish Adobe would fix this.  Adobe, are you listening?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to mtbusman

Oh, and btw . . . before an adobe rep suggests that I update the nvidia driver . . . I already have the latest driver installed.

I think the fix needs to come from adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to mtbusman

Updated back to the most recent 11.2, turned off hardware accerlation, and videos play.  I can see them in full screen mode, but they are not as clear.  Still think this bug should be fixed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to mtbusman

Sorry I was out today, trying to catch up with posts now.  What we need to have one of you guys do is open up a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com.  Please include the following:

OS version

Browser version

Flash Player version

DXDiag report

Exact URL where you experience this bug

Any additional steps or findings that you think are applicable

Once added, please post back here with the bug URL so that others can go and cast their vote and add comments.  I'll also forward this to the video team for their immediate review.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:02 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Reported, bug #3158028, included dxdiag report, let me know if anything else is missing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:15 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

OS:  Windows 7 Pro 64 bitBrowser:  IE9  9.0.8112.16421  Update version 9.0.5Flash Player Version:  11.2.202.228DXDiag Report:URL:  http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7774089   (actually the bug occurs with any espn video playing on flash player, and I've experienced it on other sites as well.) When I disabled hardware accerlation, the bug was gone.  I then re-enabled hardware accleration, bug is back.  However, there is one change.  Before I had trouble getting any videos to play. Now, most will play, but the green band is still across the top. I have submitted a bug report with the above informaiton.  Bug #3158029 .   Mtbusman

"You must do this work with love or you fail."    -- John Muir, from How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive

[private information removed]

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:13 PM   in reply to mtbusman

I have submitted a bug report on this at http://https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=newBug   It is Bug #3158029 .  If you are still getting the green band across the videos, or if your flash videos didn't even want to play, you can report your experiences with this bug there.  My experience is that, with hardware acceleration turned on, all my flash videos have the green band.  And, before I disabled hardware acceleration, I was having trouble even getting them to play at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:15 PM   in reply to mtbusman

Driver update fixed it for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 9:58 PM   in reply to derickso1

That's good Derickso1. Please (all of you) help by pushing this through the BugBase here:

http://https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=newBug   Bug #3158029

Vote for it, leave comments, etc. If we want a prompt fix, we need to show it's a big enough issue. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 10:44 PM   in reply to JDelphiki

Your link doesn't work; here is a direct link to the bug report: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3158029

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 4, 2012 11:38 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

JDelphiki,

Can you add a comment to your bug report with a specific URL that you see this green band on and your browser information?

Thanks,

Chris

Ps.  I've forwarded this thread along to our Video team again and will follow up with them tomorrow.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 11:42 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I didn't start the bug report, I just added to it. Sadly, I cannot give specifics.. as the driver update fixed it. I'm sticking around to see how/when it gets fixed more out of curiousity and to provide my experience. The video I was trying to see was on YouTube, but I cannot provide any link. I will however give my browser info.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 4, 2012 11:46 PM   in reply to JDelphiki

Sorry, my bad.  I see that mtbusman did post that this occurs with IE 9. 

So, other than mtbusman and zx3cv1, who else on this thread was unable to fix this by updating their driver?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 12:22 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

For me updating drivers doesn't work and I have posted the bug number up there. Besides video, I gave a way to 100% reproduce bug (for me at least) in a flash game with hw acceleration turned on.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 5, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to BuggyFlash

Dennero1,

For the TinyChat issue, could you take a minute and cast your vote for the following bug:

Bug 3154302

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 1:25 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Similar problems here with Firefox (green band) and IE (crash) with what it seems any flash video (ie http://vimeo.com/37254322).

Both Firefox and IE use to work fine until few weeks ago.

Disabling Hardware Acceleration fixed the problems.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on Dell laptop with NVIDIA Quadro 2000 M graphic.

Latest versions of Firefox and IE.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to rockbuilder

There is definitely a bug with flash atm.  Leaving default settings I go to some videos and I get a green screen.  This video for example.. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqEQ2JX6Pxc

Default (360p, small player) settings, I get green screen.  But if I switch to larger player or 480p, I can watch the video.

Interestingly enough, I only have this problem on one of my four computers.  The main difference between them is the one pc has 2 gtx 580 in Sli..

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 9, 2012 3:36 PM   in reply to Edr4

If disabling the hardware acceleration fixes the issue, then we're most likely running into a driver conflict.  Please try updating to the latest if possible.  If it still fails, see this FAQ which describes what additional information we'll need and how to report problems to us.

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to rockbuilder

Hi, I joined to comment on this thread. I too have the green video issue. I have to say I am not exactly happy about the direction and attitude being taken on this. For those that do not know, the latest Nvidia drivers are not very good. They are buggy and many people recommend not going to them. I'm not calling fault here, but for another software developer to throw out updates and then when it breaks say, you need to update your video drivers is not really the ideal situation. To me tellling people "update drivers" is not an answer, it is a cop out. The drivers are not the issue here. I would understand it if maybe it was worded differently as a temporary "workaround", but I feel the blame is being pushed off here.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to rockbuilder

I have installed the very latest nvidia driver for my gtx 580, and i still get the same issues, green screen, pink and green screen, blocks of color, still picture but sound still going, alight pause on every frame, doesnt happen on all videos online, but the sights i use the most i always get these issues, come on, this problem as been here since the beta of your flash player 11.2. Release an update asap. Cant use chrome for veiwing flash anymore because i cant down grade, when i disable the flash in chrome, chrome wont find the other non activeX flashplayer i have in programs and features.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 9, 2012 4:47 PM   in reply to boe323

Boe323, please try disabling hardware acceleration or updating your video drivers and let me know how it goes

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 9, 2012 4:59 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Zablon,

I understand your concern, however as we rely more and more on the GPU then drivers will play an even more integral part of the solution.  We need information from users like yourself so we can investigate problems further.  We've got a FAQ that details what we need (dxdiag report, URL, is the problem fixed when you disable hardware acceleration, etc.) and how to report the problem to us.  I'd like to improve this reporting process in the future, as I understand how frustrating this all can be, but this what we have to work with right now.

For buggy drivers, our solution would most likely be to blacklist their support, falling back on CPU mode.  This is effectively the same as disabling hardware acceleration.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 5:39 PM   in reply to Zablon2010

Zablon2010 wrote:

the latest Nvidia drivers are not very good. They are buggy and many people recommend not going to them.

Most likely, older drivers are even more buggy.  There is probably a reason why a new version (296.10) was released last month.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 5:45 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have updated to the absolute very latest drivers -

Can not get stageVideo  VIDEO to work with some codecs, audio does.

Green screen on some videos, hardware acceleration is working with alchemy.

I am suspecting this is a CODEC ISSUE NOW.

Jesus Adobe - this is appalling - I am at a loss for words as to how bad this is.

I haven't even heard or seen a press release regarding this failure - and I can assure the web is going ballistic.

Simply stunning that nothing is being said, and as always absolutely nothing being done.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 5:47 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I've been using 285.62 geforce drivers since its release Oct 24, 2011.  Never experienced the green screen issue until I restarted the pc a few days ago and flash was updated to 11,2,202,228.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

So instead of testing this all before its released you are asking users to do the testing after it has been released ?

Its not like these are uncommon set ups, they are all basic normal set upts  - ATI nVidia - and here we are ?

We all know Adobe sacked half the flash team - is this a consequence of this ? Is this the new business model ? Create a product without testing it, break half teh web sites and then wait for users to come back with their results and solutions ?

Seriously - so incredibly over this. Its been going on for MONTHS. Since flash player 10.2.....

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 9, 2012 8:58 PM   in reply to Edr4

Edr4 -

Can you please update your video drivers to 296.10 or greater and try again?  If that doesn't work, please let us know.  The other alternative is to disable hardware acceleration.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 9, 2012 9:03 PM   in reply to boe323

boe323 - Are you using the Flash Player 11.3 beta?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 9:33 PM   in reply to dacct

Forgot to mention that video drivers update does not seem to be available for my system, a 3 month old Dell laptop with NVIDIA Quadro 2000 M graphic card.

And as stated in my previous post (and by many other users) Flash videos use to work just fine until the most recent update.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 12:00 AM   in reply to dacct

Do not try and update via the WINDOWS UPDATE PANEL - this will not work, update via the manufacturers web site. Windows obtains its drivers through their own mentalist process.

Further to add - I have a feeling this may ALL be a result of the encoding process on the video's being shown. In fact, Im failry sure.

However, there is a new problem - flash is now crashing my chrome browser every tenth minute or so - there is a memory leak or something......seriously Adobe - go and REHIRE some staff.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 2:23 AM   in reply to zx3cv1zx30vzx23c01v3zxc21

Video drivers update not available from my manufacturer (Dell). That's where I searched. I should have stated this in my post I guess.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 7:55 AM   in reply to rockbuilder

I was having the same problem with some videos: Dell drivers are old for the video card usually and Nvidia updates as new ones are made. I would suggest doing a search on Nvidia for updated drivers and doing a clean download. This solved my problem. You can use Nvidia control panel to do your driver search if it is installed on your unit. I have an Aurora-R4 from Dell

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to rockbuilder

After downloading the latest version of Adobe player, I now get the green band at the top on all videos. Sometimes if I click to go to full screen, the green band disappears; sometimes it doesn't. Additionally to the green band, the picture seems shifted a little. Like some of the colors are shifted down.... It appears that the height of the green band, is where there's a "Share" link? My guess is that other software might be interefering -- I have Real Player (which usually gives me a sort of "Download link at the top of the video), and AdBlock Plus (which gives me an ootion to Block the video). This only happens in FireFox 11.0 browser, and not in Google Chrome.

I'm seriously annoyed enough about this that I'll probably just go back to a previous version.

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points