Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to highlight / draw onto a pdf document that is a scanned image, then save the added elements

Apr 4, 2012 3:16 AM

Tags: #adobe #reader_9.x

Hello

I'd like to add markings / little annotations or highlight as if with a color marker various sections of a scanned image that has been sent to me in pdf format, which I visualize with Adobe Reader 9 on my PC (Windows). I need to save the changes and then send it back by e-mail to the original sender.

So far I've been awkwardlky making copies of my screen (PrintScreen function) of each individual page of the pdf document, then pasting them into PowerPoint slides, then using various PPT drawing and textbox functions to add my stuff to the, now, PPT file, which then I sent back as such. This is very time-consuming and ridiculous and there's got to be another way of adding these changes within Adobe Reader or another similar software, doesn't it?

Again, the pdf docs that I need to work on are scanned images (medical charts), not actual copiable text (pardon my ignorance of the correct terminology to explain this).

Thank you for your help,

Falingo 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 3:44 AM   in reply to falingo

You need Acrobat to do that, or enable doing that in Reader.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to falingo

All versions of Acrobat can add highlights, but only Acrobat Pro can allow

Reader users to do so.

However, if you have Acrobat, then that is moot.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points