Skip navigation

Space Bar Hand Move & CMD-Space Zoom Not Working—CS5

May 15, 2010 10:02 PM

Latest reply: Ernst Mulder, Dec 4, 2013 6:34 AM
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2011 10:25 AM   in reply to rudy713

I can solve it by closing any program that uses adobe air. Hulu desktop, spotify, tweet deck etc. no browser issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2011 3:18 PM   in reply to chromaticcolor

I don't use any of those programs, but it leads me to wonder if I shouldn't just uninstall Adobe Air?

Chris Cox, what say you?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2011 6:47 PM   in reply to s.mahn

You can try it.  It is possible that AIR or Flash has a bug that is causing this behavior (but that doesn't seem to show up for everyone).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2011 5:26 PM   in reply to 101Phil

+1

Quitting Dreamweaver immediately restored the spacebar functionality in Photoshop for me.

I had never even heard of Hulu until I read this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2011 5:55 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

Well, the bug is back again (some time after deleting the preferences).

Can anybody please clearify?

Exactly what ist Hulu? What application uses Hulu? Asking Google, the first result is some video platform on the internet, which I cannot access from Europe. Is it some sort of proprietary video-codec? How would that affect my work?

I don´t work knowingly with Adobe Air - well, at least I don´t start manually any application called Adobe Air, and I do not work with Bridge or Dreamweaver at all. I don´t work with Flash on a regular basis (and there is no coherence with that bug). Does Hulu pop up automatically when I work with PS or ID or AI? Does it come to life when I work with any browser (or for that matter: browser plug in, like flash player?)? How can I avoid running into this bug again?

I´m still on CS 4, so the cocoa vs. carbon argument may not work.

Is it really "the browser"? Because, I cannot exclude "Hulu", as I do not know what it is, or how to get rid of it. As much as I´d love to.

PS While researching "Hulu" online... guess what? Safari crashed, caused by Flash Player Plug in. Haha. :/

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2011 12:07 PM   in reply to rudy713

Not sure if this will help the troubleshooting process at all, but I've been having this same problem. For me, the space bar / move and option / copy shirtcuts fail after I open Google Chrome, log into Gmail, THEN "switch to log in to another gmail account" (my Google Apps email account for my business). Not sure if a strange script is being used in Gmail to make that transition, but it seems to interact with CS4 somehow.

Hoping for a fix soon!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2011 4:40 PM   in reply to Jeffrey Tranberry

Just wanted to add my tuppence worth. Same problem but with Indesign CS4. Quitting Chrome browser (15.0.874.121) restored the Hand Tool...

Opening Chrome before InDesign causes the bug to reappear. Opening InDesign, then Chrome is fine.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to rudy713

Discussion moved to the enduring forum

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 7:30 AM   in reply to lazy_atom

Just happened to me for the first time. After reading this thread I tried quitting Chrome and it fixed it. I had among other things open in chrome multiple Youtube videos and Audiogalaxy.com.

Google Chrome21.0.1180.79 (Official Build 151411)
    OSMac OS X
    WebKit537.1 (@124502)
    JavaScriptV8 3.11.10.18
    Flash11.3.300.271
    User AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.79 Safari/537.1

Adobe Photoshop Version: 12.1 (12.1x20110328 [20110328.r.145 2011/03/28:10:30:00 cutoff; r branch]) x64

iMac12,1

2.5GHz, 12GB RAM

Starting chrome again and reloading the same session did not cause the problem to re-appear.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 6:32 PM   in reply to Jaroneko

Hi everyone,

MY PROBLEM FIXED!

I stumbled accross this forum because for the first time ever my pan and zoom functions (ctrl+space) stopped working on Ps cs4 out of the blue.

Turns out the play/pause button along the top of my multimedia keyboard was semi-depressed due to something being spilled on it. I had pressed it early in the day to pause music and realized it didn't pop all the way back up.

After pulling the button up by hand to it's normal position, the functions in PS began working normally!

It may be worth checking to make sure all the keys on your keyboard are functioning properly as this may be the cause of your Ps issues.

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to rudy713

Just saw this issue popping up on a Mavericks system with CS5. Quitting Safari solved the problem this time.

Safari 7.0

Flash Player 11.9.900.152

Ernst.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers