Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Get photos from a digital camera or card reader into Adobe Bridge

Mar 24, 2012 1:44 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to Community Help

I am trying to download photos taken with a canon camera that i had converted to Infra-Red.  The custom white balance i have set in my camera is not coming through when I download to bridge.  How can I tweak the download process to recognize the custom white balance.  I can open the file in Canon software, save as tiff and then take into Bridge but this is an extra step.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to myblackdog

What format is your picture on the camera?

Are you using a card reader to download images.  THis is prefered choice.

It image on the memory card should be what you shot it at. 

Don't see why you are getting something different than what you set. When you view the picture with custom white balance on back of camera does it show what you think it should?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Community Help

How do I change the default save to folder in Adobe Bridge CS5.1 Photo Downloader?  I would like it to default to c/photos instead of c/users/pictures.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to deb1992

You can set where you want the pictures to be placed.

Look in the uppper right hand corner for save options when you get the download window.  Use browse to change locatiion.

Program should remember the last location you set.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Within the save options, I click browse and change the location to the c/photos location I want the images saved to.  However, next time I try to download images from another card, the location has defaulted back to c/users/pictures instead of the location I selected previously.  The location I want to save to is on my local drive, so it's always available.  I could understand the location going back to the c/users/pictures location if my previous location was an external drive that was no longer available.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to deb1992

This was a problem with a previous version of Bridge.  But the update several months ago corrected this.

Make sure you have  latest version of Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 4, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Curt Y

This was a problem with a previous version of Bridge.  But the update several months ago corrected this.

As I recall it was a problem with the ACR 6.5 plug in

Nevertheless when in Bridge choosing the menu help/ check for updates should solve this I would think

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Omke Oudeman wrote:

As I recall it was a problem with the ACR 6.5 plug in

As I recall it was a problem with the first versions of CS5.1 and CS5.5

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

The first thing I did was check to make sure we were current on updates.  Adobe updates show no new updates available, everything current.  We have the beta version of ACR 6.7 so we can view Canon 5 D MK III images.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 4, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to deb1992

We have the beta version of ACR 6.7 so we can view Canon 5 D MK III images.

That should not give you the problems we thought it were.

Did you already try to reset preferences for Bridge with restart holding down option key?

I'm on a Mac and regarding your C-disk you are on Windows? On a Mac there is a Photodownloader plist file you can trash from user library to dump pref settings manual, maybe Curt can provide you the Windows equivalent?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 9:32 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I tried re-setting the preferences in Bridge.  I held down ctrl/alt/shift then opened Bridge.  It gave me three options of things to check, I checked all three.  I then downloaded files from an SD card into the location I wanted, removed the card, and tried downloading files from another card.  Bridge defaulted back to the c/users/pictures folder again.  I even closed Bridge down and opened again, same results.  Even when I tried downloading additional images from the same card, it always defaults back to the original c/users/pictures folder, not the last folder used.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to deb1992

Here is a POST from same problem 6 months ago.  See if this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 12:34 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Thanks Curt!  That solved my problem.  Once I created the Bridge CS5 folder and copied the preferences files from CS5.1 folder to the CS5 folder and opened Bridge, the photo downloader works as it should.  It now defaults to the last folder location used when downloaded images.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points