Skip navigation
Pa5cal
Currently Being Moderated

Actual CPU´S that will be used: 0

Apr 4, 2012 5:00 AM

I have no idea what I can do. Maybe someone can help me.

-I7 2600k

-ATI 6970

-8GB Ram

If I want to turn on Multiprocessing in AE I get the message:

Installed CPU´S (processor cores): 8

Actual CPU´S that will be used: 0

I can change all these settings but AE still does not accept my CPU´s.

Please help me

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Pa5cal

What are your RAM settings? What settings for OpenGL? Also, what are your settings for MediaCache and Disk Cache? In addition, is there proper access to your temp folder? MP rendering uses and produces temporary files. If there is no access, it may simply refuse to ever work...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to Pa5cal

As Mylenium says, we need to know what your RAM settings are. Post a screenshot of your Memory & Multiprocessing preference settings.

You should read/ watch these materials, too:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/543440

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 10:28 AM   in reply to Pa5cal

What operating system are we exactly looking at? The retro style of the dialogs doesn't bode well and could be related...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 10:50 AM   in reply to Pa5cal

Pa5cal wrote:

...Sometimes I got the message:

"AE needs more than 2 frames to playback" I thought I can solve this problem by enabling multiprocessing....

....My question is: It is generally possible for me to activate multiprocessing with only 8 gb RAM?

If you UN-check the box that says, "Accelerate Effects Using Open GL", the error message regarding 2 frames may very well be a thing of the past.  Rendering with Open GL tends to really mess things up.

At work, I have a dual quad-core machine with 8 gigs of memory.  I rarely, if ever, enable multiprocessing.

At home, I have a dual quad-core machine with 24 gigs of memory.  Multiprocessing works fine on it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 5:14 AM   in reply to Pa5cal

I changed the style for a better performance. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Actually it has the adverse effect, since Win 7 uses a compeltely different drawing native method and needs to emulate these old GDI styles. In fact this could be part of the problem. HT or not doesn't really matter. The current coreXi and Xeon processors have much better TurboBoost and can handle this just fine. For many effects and third-party plug-ins it doesn't matter, eitehr. Either they are only using 2 threads or they use their own custom infrastructure for accelerating their operations.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points