Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I get a "prohibited" icon when trying to draw flowchart lines.

Apr 4, 2012 1:21 AM

Evening all, was hoping someone here could explain my problem to me. Here's what I've done, step by step:

1. Imported my videos to the project, and created timelines for each of them.

2. Imported a PSD file, and converted three text layers on it to buttons.

3. Opened up the Flowchart panel, and tried to drag from my first button to a timelin     e in the little orphanage sub-panel.

When I try this, I get the little "prohibited" icon Windows gives you when you're not allowed to do something (circle with a slash through it, as on a No Smoking sign), but no explanation as to why. I'm following online tutorials, and notice no difference between what I've done, and what the instructor has successfully done.

Can someone explain what would prohibit me from drawing flowchart lines this way?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 4:10 AM   in reply to frogsy

Try it using an Encore library menu.

I don't have a problem doing this, but was using a library menu for the test.

Post a screenshot of your flowchart.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

And, I would Open you Menu PSD in PS, then do a screen-cap w/ the Layers Palate open, and the Buttons Layer Sets twirled open too, just to make sure that the Buttons, created from the Text Layers formed properly.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 3:48 AM   in reply to frogsy

Ha, ha! Thanks for reporting. Someone will be saved by seeing this. The fact that neither Bill nor I thought of that is a sign that there was nothing to be embarrassed about. And there are plenty of "duh" moments out there for all of us....

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 12:32 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Yes, the other day I was doing a Menu in PS, and was working with the Type Tool. I went to move the entire Image about, and hit the Spacebar to access the Hand Tool. I kept typing spaces... took a moment to put it all together, the Spacebar only types spaces, with the Type Tool selected. I knew that, but did not put it together, until after I had about 40 spaces.

Enough Duh! moments for us all.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points