Skip navigation
mmurphytech4pub
Currently Being Moderated

Export option grayed out

Apr 4, 2012 10:53 AM

Why is the File>Export option grayed out on 2 coworkers machines?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to mmurphytech4pub

OS? InDesign version? Documents open? Detailed info would be necessary to diagnose your issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 11:42 AM   in reply to mmurphytech4pub

Given the lack of information you’ve supplied there’s no way to answer that.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to mmurphytech4pub

K4 has the ability to control a lot of what a user can and can't do in a document. I don't remember whether Export was one of the items it could control, and I know there's a new version (or two) of K4 since I last used it.

But here's a simple test. Have her check the document back in or undo the checkout if she hasn't made any changes. Check it out on your computer. Does the Export option show for you? Now undo the checkout. Go back to her computer, log her out of K4, and log in on her computer using your log-in. Check out the document. If Export shows for you on her machine, but not for her, odds are something needs to be fixed in her user account, and you'll need to contact your K4 administrator to do that.

If it doesn't work under either account, it's probably an issue with that specific machine, and I'd check that you have the same plug-ins turned on and off, and that you have the same versions of the K4 plug-ins.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points