Skip navigation
Kieron121
Currently Being Moderated

Flash professional CS5.5 purchase

Apr 4, 2012 9:14 AM

Tags: #flash #cs5.5

Hi

I just recently bought the flash professional CS5.5 upgrade version.

On the side of the box it says I cannot use this programn without CS5. Also I couldn`t find Cs5 on its own anywhere.

Can I still use this programn without CS5? Im not opening the box until I can find out.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to Kieron121

You need a serial number for a product that is within the upgrade range of CS5.5 which might be CS3, 4 or 5, but you will have to find out. Without the key you will not be able to use it. You do not actually need CS5 installed to install it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to Kieron121

If you bought an upgrade version you will need to have one of the earlier versions installed.

I would imagine the box would contain it.

there is nothing in the box that that gives the serial number of a previously installed Flash

for it to say I needed one of the previous programns

To "Upgrade", yes you will need to own and have installed one of the previous versions withiin the registration range.... so MX2004 will not work... for example.

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to Kieron121

Perhaps the individual applications are different but the suites do not require a previous version installed. It simply makes it easier because it auto-absorbs the previous serial number.

I recently reinstalled my entire OS and installed CS5.5 upgrade itself. I also installed Flash Builder upgrade and Dreamweaver CS5.5 upgrade without prior installs, no issues.

A strategy that will work is simply download the CS5.5 trial version and install it. When it asks you for your key, enter the key you have. Then you will be prompted for a previous versions key. Enter that and you're done as long as the previous key is within the upgrade range. There's no difference besides perhaps samples between the boxed version and the Trial download.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to Kieron121

So you didn't have a previous version within the upgrade range. I thought you knew you needed that. Each upgrade tells you which version you need minimum to upgrade from.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points