Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I pause my video and the audio continues...if I play again it causes a major headache. Help?

Apr 4, 2012 7:14 PM

Tags: #video #audio #audio_video_synchronizing #video_stops_audio_continues

This might be an easy to answer question, but I am making my second video, so I'm not too knowledgeable. Anyway, I imported audio into my video and it plays back fine. So I play the video, and pause it to try and synchronize the audio. The video stops, but the audio keeps playing, and it will not stop until the whole thing has played. If I try to start from the beginning again and play the audio to sort of override it, it just overlaps with the original audio, and the resulting noise gives me a headache. I don't know if somehow I can stop the audio a portion of the way through, but if I can, that would be great. It would make syncing a whole lot easier. Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 7:27 PM   in reply to Epikwun

We'll need a lot more details. For example:

I imported audio into my video

Describe in exact detail how this was done.

I play the video, and pause it

Play the video.... with FLVPlayback component, NetStream, embbed in main timeline?

How are you "playing" the video and how are you pausing it.

Again, we need to know much, much more.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to Epikwun

You can't add keyframes to layers with audio or it will restart the audio.

Also when you import audio into a layer you need to click somewhere in the layer (where you see the audio spectrum), look at your properties panel, hit the sync drop-down and choose stream.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to Epikwun

I used to do what you're doing quite a bit in the old days. I don't know why they don't set it to Stream by default..

Glad you got it fixed

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points