Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

adobe acrobat x pro can't install

Apr 1, 2012 1:43 PM

Hi,

I've managed to install all the elements of the CS5 suite (thanks to manish!), but the acrobat pro x still refuses to install.  I'm getting a message that my system doesn't comply with the minimal requirements, but I've checked them out, and everything seems to be up to date.  Also, it seems strange that the minimal requirements for all the other programs (flash, etc. ) are ok, but that acrobat needs something entirely different.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any advice?

thanks,

Sam

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to Samsimms

What are your system specifications?  This will allow us to evaluate what might be causing your difficulties.  If you can please include in your response all relevant information as compared too http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/tech-specs.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 1:15 AM   in reply to Samsimms

Try to dig out the install logs. Maybe there's some more info there...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Samsimms

The link Mylenium provided also provides guidance on what you are looking for in your installation logs.  The key thing is you want to be looking for ERROR or FATAL and then searching using the link to the Knowledge base in the document to find the solution.   Alternately you can also utilize the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to automatically review the logs and attempt to identify a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to Samsimms

Dreamweaver MX2004? Have you made sure the process is actually terminated via task manager? The only other real issue is indeed the lack of SP2 but if it refuses to install, then there is something deeper going on. Usually this means that a core component is missing or not properly updated which could be a missing mandatory update for internet Explorer for instance. Impossible to tel lwithout actually knowing what's onyour system. Perhaps you can try to tippy-toe through the process by choosing advanced optionsin Windows Update and letting it look for additional components...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points