• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I transfer DreamWeaver from one PC to another without the cd-rom?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased DreamWeaver a while ago and installed it on a laptop that I no longer will be using. I would like to transfer the program to my new computer but I do not have the cd-rom anymore. In the install process what would the install file have been named, where can the license key  be found in the program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not tranfer the software , you have to install it .

Its not just the install files but variuos other things that are invlved some of them are the "Registry entries"

The only way is uninstall from this machine and install on other , we can help you with the setup of dreamweaver but not with the serial number ,you have to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license keys are encrypted. There is no way to retreive them from an install. If you registered your software, it is listed on your Adobe account, if not, then there is nothing anyone can do and you will have to buy all over again most likely.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can I transfer the License (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash etc, or any Adobe product) from one PC to another if I have the CD/DVD, the serial key? Does EULA anywhere state that Licenses cannot be transferred from one PC to another?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Tushar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it seems like SoftKey Revealer can decrypt the keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

submit a ticket with Adobe and they will allow you to transfer the software - I just did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use a 3rd party program transfer tool. It will transfer the programs you have, including Dreamvweaver, to a new system.

Here's a tutorial that worked for me:

How to transfer programs and files to new PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines