Multiple Microphones Via Mixer?

Apr 2, 2012 8:51 AM

Has anyone connected multiple microphones to a Connect session via

external mixer? If so, are there any problems in getting Flash to see the

input?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to JJones

If you PC sees the input  (i.e. as USB AUDIO) or something, Adobe connect should see it just fine.

The main consideration is that you're not coming in "HOT".  So, test it in a meeting, do a short recording, and play it back.

If you have multiple audio input sources on the computer - including the mixer device - you may need to right click in the connect addin, then choose flash settings, and select your input device there.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to JJones

How WINDOWS/Flash detect the device is really not the issue - as long as you can control the input from the windows control panel and see it in flash.

You may have to test more than one mixer, unfortunately because that's how hardware compatilbity is...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to JJones

MUCH more flexibility on a more open platform like a PC w/windows.  Mac's for Drones and Clones "do it our way so you don't have to think"... <GRIN>!

Especially when it comes to hooking in hardware. When you said MAC, you just went into territory I've not touched since I traded away my Apple II C for a TRS-80 so I could do some real programming..

Anyway -

On a more serious note, something like a NADY 4 channel mixer (analog) would allow you to mix and use the ANALOG audio input (microphone jack) as your input source.  Do MAC still have analog audio inputs?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to John.Stegenga

@jsb152: Any luck? I've been thinking about doing the same thing, but I wanted to wait for someone else to try it first.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)