Skip navigation
kirsty.adobe
Currently Being Moderated

Text + Image Flying onto the screen

Apr 5, 2012 10:24 AM

Tags: #help #image #text #please #movement #elements_10 #abode #flying

Very new to Adobe Premiere Elements 10 so this is probably a stupid question...

How do I make pictures and text fly across the screen? I've done rolling credits for the end but the start I just want the logo and some text moving across the screen.

Its so easy in imovie but I can't seem to do it in Premiere Elements. I am using it on a pc by the way.

Thanks so much for any help

Kirsty

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to kirsty.adobe

Kristy,

Welcome to the forum.

Those Effects are easily done by animating the Clips/Titles with Keyframes. Usually, one will at least start by working with the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position, and Keyframing it over time.

While the actual work is easy, one does need to get a handle on the concept of Keyframing Effects. Steve Grisetti, our tireless MOD, has a multi-part Learning Series on Basic Keyframing, available on Muvipix.com. I do nto recall if that particular series is free to all, or is only for subscribers. That will give you a big head-start with the concepts.

There is a similar thread, on exactly what you want to do, and was posted fairly recently. I will look for it, as both Steve and I go into a bit more detail. In the meantime, check out Muvipix.com, and also read the entries on "Keyframing" in the Help File.

Good luck, and will report back with a link to that thread soon.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Here is one similar THREAD, and this is the THREAD, that I was looking for.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 3:10 AM   in reply to kirsty.adobe

Hi Kristy,

As Bill said, keyframing is simple and yet a very powerful tool for all kinds of movements of pictures,text,videos,effects,etc. with time.

For moving text, you can also consider text animations. When you apply a text, and the titler opens, then on the right hand side, various text animation options are shown. PrE has got some quite good text animations options available.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points