Skip navigation
Screener199
Currently Being Moderated

How can I create a form in Muse?

Apr 5, 2012 10:40 AM

Tags: #forms #form_submission #contactform #radio_buttons #contact_form

I need to create a form and have radio buttons. I don't see any form tools - any ideas on how to best do this?

Thank you.

Larry

Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe Edited the title to make it more relevant to the question.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2012 1:19 AM   in reply to Screener199

Hi Larry,

The Beta of Muse doesn't currently support forms, though this is something that has been 'roadmapped' to be included at some point. Hopefully, the 1.0 release. In the meantime, people have been using 3rd party form providers.

I can suggest JotForm as an excellent service. For small users, it's free and there are no ads or watermarks on their forms either.

Just go to their site, design a form ( it's very easy and lots of choices ) You can use Radio Buttons, or Drop Down Menus, etc. they then give you the code and you simply paste this code into your Muse site using the "Insert HTML" feature.

http://www.jotform.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to Screener199

You can also take a look at this topic:

How do I add a contact form / feedback form to my site?

It contains a video on creating a form using Business Catalyst, as well as links to a few other third-party form creation tools.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to Corey@Adobe

Corey, should this FAQ forum be read-only?

There are so many subforums for Muse that Adobe is going to confuse new web designers who are already lacking online proficiency.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

No. We can utilize the feedback on FAQ topics and have the ability to move topics to other sub-forums. We can also branch replies to spawn new topics (which was unavailable in Get Sat).

We'll revisit this if it becomes an ongoing issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to Corey@Adobe

Should you at least block new topics from being created by ordinary users in a FAQ section? A new topic certainly does not reach the level of being 'frequently asked'. A new question has only been asked once. You'll bury the pertinent FAQs by allowing users to fill this subforum with IAQs (individually asked questions).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 9:59 AM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

You'll bury the pertinent FAQs by allowing users to fill this subforum with IAQs (individually asked questions).

Thanks for your concern. We will take the necessary steps to rectify this if it ever becomes an issue.

Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe (fixed typo)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 5:49 AM   in reply to Corey@Adobe

Recify.....good one. Also I have used Wufoo to create forms and insert HTML by copy and pasting into Muse with great success.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points