• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player crashing my computer.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 64 bit windows 7 and am trying to install Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.228.  After installing, my computer will run for upwards of 20 minutes before it either freezes or I get the blue memory dump screen and I have to power it down.  Only uninstalling stops this from happening.  I am using Firefox 11.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skrobbs,

Sorry you're going through this.  What type of things are you doing when your system crashes?  If you're watching video, can you try updating your video drivers to the latest version to see if that resolves the problem?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not watching video, just working away switching between various Office apps, Firefox, accounting software, etc .  It seems to occur randomly, but always within about 20 minutes of me installing Flash Player.  I have never had issues with Flash Player before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you see if it occurs without specifically using flash?  It might be easiest to do this by disabling this plugin in Firefox.

Can you also check your Event Viewer to see if you have any errors that might correspond with the times that the system has rebooted under the Application or System windows logs?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, Flash does not show as a plugin for Firefox when I go to the plugins area, so I can't diasble it.  I checked the event viewer and I do see events logged that mention the blue screen.  I am not sure exactly what I am supposed to be looking for here, so let me know what info would be helpful.

I sent you the install log.  To answer your other regarding the option for silent updates, I did not select it as I am not give the option to make any selections when it installs.  It simply installs and said done.

I am also using ESET, version 4.  I will try uninstalling it and then installing Flash and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. 3 times the computer just froze, and one time it blue screened. I won't be doing anything and my firewall will ask for access to some flash update through the website akamaitechnologies.com (or something close to that). If I don't allow or deny the request nothing goes wrong, but if I do allow or deny it my computer crashes. The IP of the reqesting address is 184.29.210.70, if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you both send me your FlashInstall.log?  You can reach me at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Do you recall if you used the default option to enable automatic silent updates when you installed 11.2?  If so, could you open your mms.cfg file (found in the same location as the FlashInstall.log) and add the following line:

SilentAutoUpdateVerboseLogging=1

Then, let the computer run for an hour (or until the next crash) and grab the FlashInstall.log again and send it my way.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email sent. I rebooted and tried to change the file, but I get an "Access is Denied" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the log.  What virus scanner / firewall do you guys have installed?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESET Smart Security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

t3nuub,

Are you also using Firefox?  Could you make sure both the IE and the "Other browser" installs are done.  We're trying to pinpoint if it's an issue with ESET crashing when downloading our installer or simply our xml.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Firefox. I downloaded and tried to install the 64 bit Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer), but while installing my computer blue screened. I'll try to install again and change this post if it does not crash or BSOD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're unable to install, could you try disabling ESET?  If it works with ESET disabled, please check to see if they have an update available.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled ESET and attempted to install it, but I got a blue screen with the error message BAD_POOL_CALL or something similar. After the reboot I checked ESET for updates and it says it is up to date.

I just checked to see if Windows 7 is up to date, and it is not, so I will install these updates right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I managed to finally get both 64 bit versions installed. (edit) - It still crashes, but now ESET does not notify me about any update checking; it just plainly freezes. -

First I attempted to install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1, but I have a different issue with that which I won't go into much detail about, but it was a failed attempt. I thought about it for a bit, and decided to install IE9, so I downloaded the .exe from Microsoft and attempted to install it, but I got a BSOD.

I went into safe mode with networking, went to the programs list in the control panel, and uninstalled everything related to Adobe Flash Player. I then installed IE9 through their website download. I restarted and again booted in safe mode with networking to install the 64 bit Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer). Installation was just fine for that, so I rebooted in safe mode with networking again just to be safe to install the 64 bit Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) and all was well. I booted up my computer normally and checked youtube videos on both IE9 and Firefox, and all is well.

On the reinstall I chose the option to notify me before installing any updates.

EDIT: After this recent freeze, I'll be continuing to install Windows 7 updates through safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you run the SFC: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% verified. No problems there.

I've completely uninstalled ESET and updated Windows. My computer has been up for about an hour and it hasn't crashed. I guess the problem is more with ESET on my end. Thanks for the help.

I just went back to the ESET website and it turns out they're up to version 5.*. I was running on version 4, yet when I ran the update it definitely said I had the most up to date version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I sent you the install log.  To answer your other regarding the option for silent updates, I did not select it as I am not give the option to make any selections when it installs.  It simply installs and said done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skrobbs,

Could you tell us what anti-virus and/or firewall you're using?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reading through all of the postings now and realize it is likely ESET.  I am having trouble installing service pack 1 just like th3bnuub is, so I will uninstall ESET and try installing Flash and Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exatly same problem in here first I get a short green screen, after that everything crash and goes to the blue screen.

All drivers updated and I could not browser or use the computer after instal.

Have to unistall flash in safe mode to use my computer again.

what are the ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi w 7 64 bit,

Could you please share the name of your anti-virus and firewall, if any?

Thanks,

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mcafee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran across a client having a similar issue this morning.  Her system was consistently bluescreening at 20 past the hour all day on 3/31.

I checked and found that the adobe flash updater was scheduled to run at 19 past the hour.  When I tried installing the update manually from the Adobe website, it bluescreened as well.

Disabling the update task has stopped the crashes for now, but still leaves the root cause unidentified.

She had not experienced this issue before 3/31.

We are using ESET for antivirus, so it's possible there's an issue with one of their definition updates from this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after last update installed, same problem here. When computer is idle for aprox. 20 minutes, BSOD happen. Windows 7 / 32bit, ESET NOD 32 (4.2.58.5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines