Skip navigation
MacBryce
Currently Being Moderated

Buttons panel gone and nowhere to be found

Apr 5, 2012 9:44 AM

Tags: #cs4 #buttons #indesign #troubleshooting #interactivity

Hi all,

For some reason my Indesign CS4 does not show the buttons panel anymore. Window > Interactive only shows Bookmarks, Hyperlinks and Page Transitions as options. I've tried all workspaces (even interactivity) and the option to show the buttons panel does not appear. Futhermore, there's also no option to create a new button. Object > Interactive is gone as well.

What is going on here?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to MacBryce

You can check to see if the visibility was turned off for these items. Edit > Menus (at the bottom) > Menu Customization

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to MacBryce

Have you thrashed/replaced your prefs? (Reminder: check the thread/link at the top of discussion page for detailed instructions for replacing prefs if needed)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to MacBryce

If you contextually select a frame, is the interactive options available in this popup menu?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to MacBryce

At first I thought the contextual menu shows everything regardless of your workspace. But that is not the case, the contextual menus works in conjunction with the workspace. With that said, have you  tried the Advanced Workspace, which shows all menu items? If so and still no go, then my thoughts would be re-install, but I would wait and see if anyone else has thoughts.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to Jeffrey_Smith

the defualt plugin to work with button panel is ButtonUI.apln on windows ,The OS is not mentioned on the thread ,

You can check for that plugin in the adobe Indesign folder in program files folder (windows) or application folder(mac) ,

If not found , just re-install , (no need to uninstall)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points