Skip navigation
PiemanHall
Currently Being Moderated

Viewr Builder - banner assets question 2

Apr 2, 2012 10:31 AM

Building an update to our current free app this time with Entitlment and itunes subs via a DPS Enterprise account.  We are using the "optional library subscription tile url" with our tiles to point at our subscription service and it feels like this is enough.  the banner seems excesive but is not optional its compulsory - do we really need both and can I avoid having to create the banner assets but still complete the app builder process?

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 5, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to PiemanHall

Currently, the Viewer Builder requires an Entitlement app to have both a banner and a subscription tile, although this doesn't need to be the case. It's reported as a bug.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2013 3:52 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob

Can we create/add a banner even when we have a free app, free folio (no subscription at all)

What would be the process if I want to do so? (I have an Entreprise licence)

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 20, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to minia92

You need to create an entitlement app in order to add a banner. I haven't tried creating an entitlement app that's entirely free with no subscription. I don't think it would be worth the effort. I think a better approach is to create a multi-folio app with a custom library. Then you can build your banner into the custom library. See the DPS Developer site for details.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2013 9:40 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

The subscription banner will only show if your app offers a subscription. If you have no subscription it will never show. You could use the entitlement banner to show content instead, regardless of whether you offer subscriptions.

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points