• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR4 Disc won't install…help!

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I insert the disc on my mac...nothing happens. So I go into the disc click on the adobe LR 4 pkg...and it asks to pick a program to "open it with"!!! 

what do I do. I don't know what to pick...never had to before. I picked Adobe reader...and ofcourse that didn't work.

What am I doing wrong? do I need to dl something in order to install this?

help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you clicking on?  Could please post a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I don't have a screen shot...but I click on the disc and there are two files.....a READ ME pdf. file....and the Adobe LR4.pkg file....i double click on that and it asks me to pick a program to open it with...I picked adobe...but that didn't work.

I've never had to pick a program to install anythign before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to applications>utilities>installer and select this pkg file , and check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so that's it?...that should work?

I'm sorry I'm desperate...I'm in Afghanistan right now and this thing took a month to get to me...and the thought of goind through the enormous hassle of trying to return this...ughhhh.. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see an installer in utilities 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry , for posting incomplete info , my internet died for some reason

Select any .pkg file, press COMMAND-I to open the Get Info window. In the section labeled "Open With" select the Installer application from the drop down list. Then click on the Change All button.

If you dont find the Installer then It's located in /System/Library/CoreSerivces/ folder., if still not present then check on you Mac OS disc ,in  Applications/Utilities folder. You should be able to copy it onto your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but i've never had to so any of this...and the installer isn't in any of those folders. I don't have the Mac OS disc....can I get the installer from the web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are missing the Installer.app then it will not be possible for you to install your software or most any software.  Were you able to locate the /System/Library/CoreServices folder as Manish suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes and it's not there...how can it have just dissappeared?

so if I re isntall OS X Lion...will all my stuff delete? pics, music, files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, wait....

Do you have the disc of Lion or you will install it from internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try doing an Archive and Install of your OS from your recovery partition.  I would highly recommend you contact Apple though directly for them to advise you on the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the thumb drive..it's not a disc...that's how I bought it from the apple store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great then , open the drive and do not run the lion installation , just open it and look under applications/utilities, if found , copy and paste on the default location mentioned above , if not found contact Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

k thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines