Skip navigation
gina_farr
Currently Being Moderated

bottom of browser not correct

Apr 5, 2012 7:07 PM

Hi you awesome community!  Got another for ya.

publishing to business catalyst give me the proper bottom of browser positioning

http://kidsonthecreek.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

publishing to my domain does not

http://www.kidsonthecreek.com/

Correct is the blue image at the bottom and no browser color below.  Any ideas??  Thank you!

Gina

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2012 7:56 PM   in reply to gina_farr

On your master page have you brought up the guide called "bottom of browser" and rested it against the bottom of your bottom bar?   Also sometimes locking down that bar, or grouping things in it seems to help, but make sure you keep enough undos ready beacaue it might make it go wacky.

So basically the bottom of page and bottom of browser guides should kinda almost overlap.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 12:57 PM   in reply to gina_farr

I see the issue you're talking about in Chrome on Windows. Did you raise the Bottom of Browser guide up to the blue footer on your Master page, as Lukewind suggested?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to gina_farr

If you hit CTRL/CMD +A, you will see text in the bottom area under the blue that says

"The Creek animation, podcasts & recording adventures

were made possible by the funding and participation of the following creek friends."

I am guessing that this paragraph is causing the issue, though I can't say I have any ideas as to why it is. Try deleting this text and publishing. If that works, try re-introducing the text from scratch. you might also be able to group this text with the other elements in the blue area using CTRL/CMD +G

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points