Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS4: Exporting in 16:9

Apr 3, 2012 8:46 AM

I recently switched to shooting in 16:9 rather than 4:3, and am using Encore CS4 to create a DVD from this footage. However, the DVD comes out in 4:3, with the people looking distorted. How can I tell Encore to use 16:9?

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to WVought3

Select you footage in the Project panel and go to File | Interpret Footage and select Conform To SD Widescreen.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 6:15 PM   in reply to WVought3

How are you viewing the DVD?

If on a TV, how is your DVD player setup (what type of TV is selected)?

I have used a PDX10 widescreen, and have no problem with Encore reading the files correctly, whether exported from PR/AME and imported to EN or using dynamic link.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to WVought3

You won't need the manual. Just pick "menu," then look for a "video" or "tv" settings. You want to tell it the TV is 16:9, not 4:3. I don't know that this is the problem; you may have your TV set to an odd aspect also.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 6:58 PM   in reply to WVought3

Excellent!

Which was it? The DVD player setting was to 4:3 and not 16:9? I ask because logically I still wasn't sure that is what would create that appearance.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 9:55 PM   in reply to WVought3

I have had a similar experience looking at a once-upon-a-time high end flat screen that can be a bit deceptive.

The maddening thing I have also experienced are "HD" TVs that are not native HD (any flavor of HD). And they have numerous settings (that go by various names on the remote) that allow "normal," "zoom" "cinema" etc. It can make setup interesting.

Thanks for sharing, and glad we helped.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points