• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open LR4, not supported on this type of Mac

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just successfully installed LR4, however, it won't open the application because it says it is not supported on this type of Mac.  I have a Intel MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.8, with 2 GB RAM, and enough HD space to load and run.  I already have LR3 installed and it's up to date.  What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which MacBook Pro model exactly? How was the operating system installed? Straight off the DVD or by patching an older version incrementally? Anything else we may need to know?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo.  The computer's operating system was already installed on the computer when purchased and has been updated regularly as updates are available.  LR4 was installed from the recently purchased DVD.  I bought the upgrade since I already had LR3 but I think it installs a complete version.  I'm also running PS CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmh, sounds odd. Any chance you could go fishing for install logs? This might reveal some more details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse my ignorance but where do I find install logs for LR4?  All I found were Photoshop install logs.  Photoshop seems to run fine.  Only LR4 has this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intel Core Duo processor is a 32-bit processor.  Per the system requirements - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/tech-specs.html you need a 64-bit processor.  The Intel Core 2 Duo is the 64-bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awww, rats. Didn't think of that, but Jeff is no doubt right about this...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That leaves a lot of us out in the cold with perfectly good computers.  I'm certainly not going to replace my computer just to satisfy Adobe.  Seems they just limited their audience.  I'm sure it was doable at 32 bit.  In these economic times it would be descent to keep that in mind.  So what do I do with a useless software purchase and more money wasted.  If I missed that spec then I'm sure others will too.  And why does it successfully load when it won't work.  Hardly successful!  Not too happy with Adobe right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arnold you are certainly welcome to return the product.  You can find the process for submitting a refund request at Return, change Adobe orders | North America - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-change-orders-north-america.html.

I have a similar issue with my personal MacBook Pro as it is using an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.33 ghz.  While it can run 64-bit applications I am not able to run Snow Leopard in 64-bit mode without doing unsupported, by Apple, modifications to the OS.

You might also find this document useful 64-bit OS and Adobe applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-os-applications.html and it might help explain why we are transitioning many of our applications to 64-bit.  It is especially useful for applications which can make use of a lot of memory such as image editing and video editing/processing applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines