Skip navigation
Zac.T
Currently Being Moderated

Folio Producer Installation Problems

Apr 6, 2012 3:03 AM

Tags: #cs5 #indesign #installer #folio_producer_tools #adobe_application_manager

Hi,

I've been trying to install the Digital Publishing Suite's Folio Producer for InDesign CS5 on my Mac running OS X 10.7 (Lion). However, each time I have tried the installer has claimed to be 'Initialising Installer', which eventually the progress bar suggests it has finished, and then disappeared with no progress. The Adobe Application Manager itself has not quit, but no window is open and the application has frozen.

I have tried to patch the Adobe Application Manager, but this is even less of a success - an error appears ("Installer failed to initialise. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem."). I have followed its advice, but the Adobe Support Advisor does not recognise any issues. Adobe's online support suggests that I uninstall the failed product using its uninstallers and cleaners, but none of them actually give me the option to uninstall the Adobe Application Manager individually, and I would much rather not have to uninstall and reinstall the entire Creative Suite because of the AAM's problems if there is another solution.

Thanks!

Zac

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points