• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed serial number during installation

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our University just purchased a site license for CS5 and I need to setup a deployment package for our software distribution system. I would like for our end-users to have the same GUI interface as an individual installation so I do not want to use Adobe Application Manager to create this package. Does anyone know if it is possible to start the regular CS5 installation (via set-up.exe) with the serial number already embedded somewhere in a file? (XML, etc).

Thanks,

Sundiata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. This existed in the older version up to CS2 but ever since has been flakey and ultimately been removed somewhere along the way. And you also wouldn't wanna expose palin text serials to your users to prevent thievery. I do, believe, though, that you can only deploy a partial package containing the licenses encrypted and you only need to modify the install .xml to pick it up during install. I'm not up to speed on all that, though.... I haven't looked at the tech docs in a long time.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can push the setup on your network and then install it as trial. You can use SCCM or Activity Directory to do so. Follow the link for the "Adobe Provisioning Toolkit Enterprise Edition" to serialize through command line.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/creativesuite/pdfs/AdobeProvisi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines