Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DPS on MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3???

Apr 6, 2012 1:35 AM

Tags: #app #adobe #ipad #suite #apple #indesign_cs5.5 #digital_publishing_suite #viewer_builder

Hi everyone!

I started working od Digital Publishing and I have a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 machine to work with. I'm asking myself does DPS run on this operative system or does it last till Snow Leopard 10.6.8? In this case, is it useful to work with QuarkXPress 9 on Mac OS X Lion? I need some suggestions about it.

Thank You.

Rik

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2012 5:14 AM   in reply to Riklookinfor

DPS works with InDesign. Anything external would only be the desktop viewer and any online tools.

In short, it’s fine.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to Riklookinfor

If you're having issues, please post full details. There are no known Lion specific issues with DPS.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to Riklookinfor

DPS Tools work fine on MAC OS X (10.7.3). Alot of the DPS users are currently using MAC OS X. As Bob stated, there are no known Lion specific issues with DPS. Some issues may be system specific though limited to a single system which require OS troubleshooting which can happen with any OS. You should have InDesign CS5 or InDesign CS5.5 for a start.

|
    Mark as:
  • Winston Barnard
    18 posts
    Dec 8, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to Riklookinfor

In response to @Riklookinfor

I use InDesign CS5.5 on a MacBookPro i7, Dual Quad Core machine with 8GB RAM, (yes you should buy the extra RAM.....)

I am running Lion OS X 10.7.3.I have no issues running DPS, previewing conten, creating new content or sharing said content with others.

I still have older folios on my iPad, as but with my Csutom Adobe Content Viewer V.19 I can create and view V.18 folios (as it's backwards compatiable to one previous verison, and of course any new V.19 folios I can design & view as well.

I opted to download the updated Folio Producer Tools and Viewer Builder Panel. ( I just have to be an early adopter-bleeding edge baby! ) Becuase I did this,

I had to create a custom Adobe Content Viewer created using the DPS updated V.19 Toolset. This way I am be able to view any new folios, articles, apps I design

I have no issues opening older folios with V.19  or V.18 Custom Adobe Content Viewer on my iPad.  As we all know, we are still waiting on Apple to approve the new Adobe Content Viewer. Check back here in the DPS Forum.

As @Bob said above: "If you're having issues, please post full details. There are no known Lion specific issues with DPS."

The more information that can provided from any  iPad Crash Logs, InDesign Logs, or screehshots is most beneficial to everyone in this DPS Forum.

Neil from Adobe updates this DPS Forum daily most days regarding the  status of Apple's approval of the new Adobe Content Viewer.

Yes, DPS will run on Snow Leapord and CS5 InDesign just fine.

I hope this is helpful.

Winston

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 1:39 AM   in reply to Riklookinfor

Ho to fix error #3115:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4274960

—Johannes

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:25 AM   in reply to Riklookinfor

For error 3115, check out the solution on this forum post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4265514#4265514

About the message with Folio Builder update, install the latest version of Folio Builder from here: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ . This is a Mandatory Folio Builder Panel Update. You may choose to stick to older version of Folio producer.

Also if you have built your folio using Folio Producer Tools 1.9, then you should go ahead and download the latest version of Adobe Content viewer for iPad from App store which supports the new tools.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points