Skip navigation
MegadreamX
Currently Being Moderated

Revel Subscription Renewal Problem

Mar 31, 2012 6:05 AM

Tags: #mac #ipad2 #subscription #revel #iphone4s

Hi,

In december I started with the complimentary subscription and later buyed a monthly subscription.  After the first month, decided to cancel the auto renewal and every thing was OK until I wanted to buy my subscription again.

I followed the instructions, but Revel always brings a pop up indicating that I don't have any subscription, so i try to buy again, but don't let me do it.  Here is my subscription that doesn't work!!!

And there is no support by chat for Revel.  I'm from Chile, so the telephone support is not available too.

Please anybody help me.

Revel.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 3:04 PM   in reply to MegadreamX

Hi MegadreamX,

Based on the screen shot it does appear that you do have a month to month subscription (good through the current month of April) with monthly auto renewal turned on. Note that there are two different ID's associated with your subscription, an Adobe ID and an Apple ID. You use the Adobe ID to sign into Adobe Revel and Apple ID to handle all billing. Are you able to sign into Revel with your Adobe ID successfully to use the service?

-Dave

If you are still having problems we should move this topic over to http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

That is a different Adobe forum with more support for Adobe Revel.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 5:16 PM   in reply to MegadreamX

Hang in there, this seems like something we can straighten out. You shouldn't need to create another Adobe ID.

In Revel if you press the gear icon in the upper right corner it should open a settings panel. The first field within that panel should say Adobe ID with an email address next to it

If you tap/click the email address it should take you to a My Account section with Name, Adobe ID, and Account Status.

So long as you are signed in with the same Adobe ID which was used when you purchased the subscription it should say "Subscribed" next to the Account Status field.

Are you working on a Mac or an iPad? You shouldn't need to buy another monthly subscription at this point, it won't let you buy one until the current month's one over, and based on the pop-up window you already have one and it is set to automatically charge your iTunes account every month. So it seems like you should be all set. Can you tell me a little more about what is wrong or not working, I'm not quite understanding?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to MegadreamX

No problem, happy to help

I don't know what happened but the pictures you posted to show what happened didn't post properly

It just shows

image: image.png[image: image.png][image: image.png][image:

image.png][image:

image.png][image: image.png][image: image.png][image: image.png]

very strange, is it possible to try uploading them again?

Thanks for your patience too

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 9:28 AM   in reply to MegadreamX

No, still not showing up. I see the picture in your original post, but thats it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to David__B

Hi MegadreamX,

I was just checking back on this thread to see if you had a chance to try posting the screen shots again. Rather than editing the prior entry just reply with a new one, maybe that would work?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to MegadreamX

I think I understand now, please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

You are getting conflicting messages, on your iPhone it says the subscription has expired but when you attempt to renew it it doesn't work because it says you are already subscribed.

If for some reason my understanding is incorrect please let me know. I'll do some checking from my side and let you know what I find out. One other thing I was curious about, does this same behavior happen on of your devices?

Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to MegadreamX

I think we have a temporary fix in place, can you try again and see if it works now. I'll probably need to follow up with you again in the future though.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to MegadreamX

Try checking the status again, it should have changed from Lapsed to Complimentary now, you shouldn't need to resubscribe.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to MegadreamX

You shouldn't need to buy the subscription I don't think.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to MegadreamX

Hi Cristián

Though we sent you a direct email with this news, I'm following up on this thread just in case it helps others who are searching for info to solve their subscription problem.

Your subscription wasn't recognized by Revel even though you'd already paid.  We released  Revel 1.2 yesterday which you can now find iTunes.  With this updated version, could you try to fix your subscription in Revel 1.2 by following these steps:

1. First please confirm that your subscription status still shows as "Complimentary" under Settings > My Account > Account Status.
    2. Second, please tap on the Restore Purchase button on that same screen.
    3. After that, your account status should show "Subscribed".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points