Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Peter Koronaios
Currently Being Moderated

Leica .raw won't open in CS5

Apr 4, 2012 3:03 PM

Tags: #photoshopcs5 #open #won't #camera_raw #leica

Cannot open Leica .raw documents in Photoshop CS5, but CS2 would open them fine. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to have to open everything as .jpg!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to Peter Koronaios

What is the camera model?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to Peter Koronaios

The Digilux 2 should be supported in the current Camera Raw 6.5 (the current version). So either you don't have ACR correctly installed or there's something else wrong. Are you trying to open from Bridge or the Finder? What OS are you using?

BTW, all Lieca .raw files are different based on the camera. There is no such thing as a single flavor of .raw. But your camera should be supported. You can download the most recent ACR version at the Camera Raw product page. Be sure to read the installation instructions in the Read Me.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 9:08 PM   in reply to Peter Koronaios

Peter Koronaios wrote:

I'll have to check whether I even remembered to install it (does CS 5 have ACR on it, or do I always have to install Camera Raw?).

The default install of CS5 would include ACR 6.0. If you've updated CS5 (12.0.4 is I think the most recent version) you prolly have a later version. Again HOW are you trying to open the raw files, from within Bridge? Or directly in the finder? ACR works in bothBridge AND Photoshop so knowing how you are trying to open the image helps with the troubleshooting...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 12:40 AM   in reply to Jeff Schewe

Jeff Schewe wrote:

The default install of CS5 would include ACR 6.0…

Just as a matter of interest, I got my copy of the CS5 Mac Upgrade DVD in the box direct from Adobe via FedEx today, Friday, April 6.  It's labeled just plain ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS5, and it installed Ps 12.1 with ACR 6.0.3 right off the DVD. 

Just needed to update ACR to 6.6 through the Adobe Auto Updater.

I had never bought a Ps release so late in the release cycle, and my previous experience had always been as Jeff Schewe indicates above.  The recent offer to get CS6 for free motivated me to get CS5 this week, a version I had otherwise fully intended to skip.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 12:41 AM   in reply to Peter Koronaios

Peter Koronaios wrote:

…do I always have to install Camera Raw?…

You need to update to the latest version of ACR three to four times a year, as each new release has improvements and bug fixes beside support for new camera models.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points