Exit

somebody explain this to me please

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi , how are you guys?i hope you all fine :d

here

"Runtime loading is useful because it means you can change any of the images in your game without

having to recompile your program. Just drop different images into the images folder, and the finished SWF

file will read the new ones automatically.

"However, runtime loading has one fatal flaw. The images load slower than your code runs. That means

that your program could start running before any of the images have loaded. This is especially true if

you’re running ENTER_FRAME events that update your code 60 times per second; it can lead to all sorts

of problems."

specially the  red lines i realy couldn.t understand

someone explain it to me please

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Without knowing the context surrounding those sentences there is only so much to offer to explain it, and it states what it means fairly clearly if you know what runtime loading is.

Runtime loadng is when you load images dynamically from external locations.  You could have folder of images that are used by your swf file.  If you should want to change the images that the file uses, you only have to replace them in the folder that it loads them from.  If you had designed those images directly into

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing the context surrounding those sentences there is only so much to offer to explain it, and it states what it means fairly clearly if you know what runtime loading is.

Runtime loadng is when you load images dynamically from external locations.  You could have folder of images that are used by your swf file.  If you should want to change the images that the file uses, you only have to replace them in the folder that it loads them from.  If you had designed those images directly into the file instead of loading them dynamically you would have to edit the file and create a new swf every time you want to change the images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you alot brother its so clear now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines