Skip navigation
ActiDICE
Currently Being Moderated

After Effects CS5.5 Stops responding when I import .mov files from VideoCopilot

Apr 6, 2012 4:06 PM

Okay so I have a personal movie project that is in my mind so I opened After Effects and wanted to import an explosion.mov file to the video clip from Action Essentials. It worked a month ago but now for some reason right when I import the .mov clip, it crashes... I have After Effects CS4 and CS5.5 and when I import the same exact .mov file to CS4, it works. I have the latest version of quicktime, can anyone help me? Here is a video link for the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60JqDeMJBmo&feature=youtu.be

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2012 4:21 PM   in reply to ActiDICE

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 8:43 PM   in reply to ActiDICE

After Effects CS4 and CS5 (and later) handle QuickTime files entirely differently, so it's not surprising that there is a difference in behavior.

Do other QuickTime files work OK?

What codec do the problematic files use?

Please answer the other questions on the page that I linked to.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 11:51 PM   in reply to ActiDICE

Action Essentials uses the PNG CoDec. If it crashes right away, you might wanan investigate your hardware acceleration settings in the Quicktime control panel. It might also help to switch off your second graphics card in the driver...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to ActiDICE

Well, something has changed for sure. Have you checked your Windows Event Viewer for a more specific cause? Knowing the fault module might help. It could be a mundane graphics driver crash, after all...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points