Skip navigation

DV Pal Multicam Preview screen

Aug 12, 2011 8:01 PM

Latest reply: lasvideo, Apr 7, 2012 9:48 AM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2011 11:10 PM   in reply to lasvideo

If one person requests a bug fix it may not be paid any attention. If we discuss the problem here and more people talk about it here the awareness may increase and more people may request a bug fix. What is wrong in discussing things here? Isn't this is a forum to talk about the software? Only good things about it can be discussed here, not the 'bad' things that happen to new releases can be talked about?
    On the other hand why do we have to request a bug fix for this, don't they know that the feature is brocken in CS5.5? Do we have to 'request' to fix it? Don't Adobe test it before selling it? Do they not see that there is a problem? Is it possible that none of the testers noticed that it is not what it was in CS5?Is this problem acknowledged and listed as a known issue when they released 5.5? If this problem is caused by a change in the implementation of things (for better benefit elsewhere) this cannot be looked at as a bug. But this is now, only now, brought to their attention and now they are going to try and rectify it.

If everyone quietly requested a bug fix and went home, this world will be boring.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2011 12:32 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Noticed one other thing--probably doesn't mean anything but who knows, I'll add it anyway.

If I scrub over a non-multicamera clip or sequence while the Multi-Camera window is open, it looks normal:

Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 3.27.45 PM.png

Normal doesn't = perfect--in my experience multicamera has never looked crystal clear, but it looks like what I expected...it's usable. As soon as I scrub over a clip that's had it turned on, or turn on multicamera for said clip, that's when the problem starts:

Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 3.27.52 PM.png

This is all w/ MPE turned on.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2011 11:29 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Ok I hope I am jumping in at the correct location.  I'm using CS5.5 on a 12 core MAC with 64 gigs RAM.  I synced up all 3 cameras and when I fired up multicam this is what I get.

Camera 1 and three are 1/3 the regular size and Camera 2 is twice it's normal size.  Is this the bug you guys are discussing here or am I just looking at something completely different?  I tried to shut off MPE but it is greyed out.  I'm using a KONA AJA Lhi card by the way.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Screen shot 2011-09-05 at 11.17.13 PM (2).png

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2011 7:19 AM   in reply to Dan5Dan

I'm pretty sure that's something completely different--never seen something like that before. Very strange. I'd start a new thread for that one.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2011 7:22 AM   in reply to lasvideo

I am having the exact problem as others in this thread.  I have a Mac Pro with the following specs:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro4,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache (per processor): 8 MB

Memory: 20 GB

I am using the Quadro 4000 for Mac card with the latest drivers for both the card and CUDA.
    I am a Final Cut Pro refugee (you can read a blog about my experiences so far in switching to PPro here if you want)  This story is still being written - I have yet to have a really good editing experience with Premiere, even after spending almost $2K on newer faster drives, an additional 8GB of RAM and the Quadro card. I'm about over it all.
    Adobe, FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW - professional editors use multicam, and for us to have spent major $$$$ on a system and CUDA card to handle smooth multicam editing this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Our clients cannot and will not accept this issue and we will be forced to edit in FCP again.  And, please don't tell me I'm going to have to spend even more money... 20GB of RAM and the most expensive CUDA card for Mac along with a Glyph RAID 0 drive should by all means do the trick!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2011 7:34 AM   in reply to lasvideo

I have submitted a bug report with full details.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 1:46 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Adobe support finally confirmed that this is a bug in CS5.5 on Mac. If you have this problem on Windows you need to call in and tell them, because at the moment they believe it is Mac specific. I've returned my software for a refund, as they cannot promise me the problem will be fixed in a reasonable amount of time (or at all) before the next major CS release. And I've wasted too much money waiting around for Adobe to fix things.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 2:19 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Did I *THINK* I'd get a response to that question? Haha, of course not. But I wanted to try. My point was, I've played this game in the past...lots of good things, but one problem that I have to live with until eventually it's just easier to buy the next major version. And then start over again with a new problem. Not doing that again--CS5.5 didn't fix my Encore troubles, and I can't use Premiere because all of my video work is Multicam. I really want Audition but at this point I may just buy it separately. I still have CS5 which is working fine for what I do.

(No, for some reason I've stuck with Premiere since the late 90s. Apparently I'm not going anywhere.)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 2:22 PM   in reply to ZachRosing

I can't use Premiere because all of my video work is Multicam.

You can use it on Windows.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 2:24 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I can't use Premiere because all of my video work is Multicam.

You can use it on Windows.

I do enough screaming during the day as it is. I don't need to be anywhere near Windows.

Besides, other people in this thread have reported this exact problem in Windows on CS5.5. They need to call in to tech support if that's actually the case.    

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 2:25 PM   in reply to ZachRosing

I do enough screaming during the day as it is. I don't need to be anywhere near Windows.

You must have left a loooong time ago.  Windows 7 is not the Windows you remember.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 2:30 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Yep, multicam in CS5.5 Windows sucks too. But it's not so bad that I'd give up. To each their own. Fortunately, FCP X has multicam...

I just wanted to use strike-through for the first time on the forums

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to lasvideo

It is truly sad that Adobe has not even bothered to address this, a known bug. I downloaded the FCP X demo and checked out multicam... It works beautifully. I had other reasons as well for switching from FCP 7 to PP5.5, but that was a main one.

I'm still using FCP 7 for long form multicam. Adobe, this sucks.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points