Skip navigation
jedikalimero
Currently Being Moderated

Hyperlink styles in menu look correct in editor but wrong in Preview or real Web Browser

Apr 4, 2012 11:24 AM

The default hyperlink style of my site is:

Normal or Visited links are black, boldface and underlined

Hovering or active links are grey boldface and underlined

Except for my menu where I want them this way:

Normal, Visited or Active links are black, no boldface and no underline

Hovering links are grey and underlined

But I can't manage to do it!

The items appear in boldface with no underlines and no colour change (so the only hint when you hover them is the pointer changing from arrow to hand)

The only different is the last item that is the only one that has submenu and is not a hyperlink by itself. It doesn't appear in boldface but again no underline or colour change. Also the first item of this submenu appears without boldface.

in the editor the menu looks fine but in the preview or when HTML exported, the menu looks as explained.

As Menus behave differently than other hyperlinks, I've tried to click and drill down to the text in the menu then modify the text appearance using the States panel, but as I said, the menu looks fine in the editor but not in the preview or web browser.

I also have tried to remove the menu completely and creating again from scratch, but even with all the default options of the widget (not even font size change nor font type), it appears as non boldface in the editor but boldface in the preview.

You can see the menu live in the site here:

http://www.dblanco-weddings.co.uk

Pictures can be seen in the old forum here: http://support.muse.adobe.com/muse/topics/how_do_i_change_hyperlink_st yles_in_a_menu

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2012 3:21 PM   in reply to jedikalimero

Please send a copy of your .muse file to muse-support@adobe.com along with a link to this topic so we can check it out.

If your file is > 20MB, use a filesharing service like SendThisFile or Adobe SendNow.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 12:28 PM   in reply to jedikalimero

Thank you, Juan, for help improving Muse. We'll fix this in the next release.

In the meantime, you can create a new hyperlink style (not default) and add the bold attribute to it, then use it for any hyperlink text that you want it to be bold in your site.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 1:30 PM   in reply to Niti Hantaweepant

Right now the only way to have hyperlink styles apply to the text in a menu is to use a manual menu, build it yourself, and apply the hyperlink to the text inside each text frame. Muse's hyperlink styles don't work with menu items, only text links.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 7:49 AM   in reply to jedikalimero

I also am having issues with the undeline of email text links - undeline is OFF on the text attributes but shows up in a web browser - weird thing is, another email link made exactly the same way works correctly (no underline) - I am about to give up on text email links and create image buttons instead so I can have some consistency - I hope Adobe fixes this issue asap - since I am using the application for real jobs & real clients, inconsistencies look unprofessional and the strange behaviors waste a lot of time.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to jasonrobertsdesign

jasonrobertsdesign,

What's the URL of your website where you're seeing this behavior? Which links are working and which are not?

Thanks,

Lance

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points