We have RTMP and HLS live and vod streams running on FMS interactive 4.5. Given that FMS documentation on security and content protection is very scarce I have the following questions:
1. How do I protect my live and vod RTMP streams from embedding in other webpages?
2. How do I protect my live and vod RTMP streams from capturing with special tools like rtmpdump?
3. How do I protect my live and vod HLS streams from embedding in other webpages?
4. How do I protect my live and vod HLS streams from capturing with special tools?
As far as I understood RTMPE is flawed by design because it can be captured with rtmpdump. SWFVerification also fails, because one can use exactly the same SWF player on their site. Can I somehow tell to my FMS server that it would allow only SWF player from my domain?
- swf verfication
- encryption (for rtmp and hls...)
- allowed swf (which can help you for your last question i think) and html domains set inside app
- apache authentication settings
- apache allow deny settings
imho and inside my experience with FMS, i am not aware of other tools for protection (on the other hand, i do think that it is enough for the rtmp but not for the HLS).
I know this does not help your case much (mine too) but view my post as my way of agreeing with you and as a support for getting better protection in future versions, especially for HLS.
Europe, Middle East and Africa