• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam/incoming video not working with flash 11

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a chat room which uses adobe flash for webcams to video conference. I've used adobe flash for webcam purposes for years without an issue but all of a sudden my outgoing video/audio doesn't work and incoming audio/video is very choppy. My webcam freeze frames on the first image it sees, and incoming audio/video just skips like a broken CD. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling flash, uninstalling reinstall chrome, different browers...but the problem only exists in adobe flash. My webcam works fine in non-flash programs (i.e. Skype), as well as incoming audio/video. I believe this problem occured directly after the latest flash update. What can I do?

Specs:

2005 Dell Inspiron

32 Bit

Browser: Chrome (but tried also firefox, IE and still didnt work)

Webcam: MS Lifecam VX-3000

TOPICS
OS , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Nomis - Does the new 11.3 beta 3 release resolve the problem for you?  If not, what OS and camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, also started when updated to newest flash. I have reinstalled flash and webcam software, but nothing seems to work.

Specs:

64 Bit

Browser: Firefox

Webcam: MS Lifecam VX-1000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know someone is having the same issue, I've searched all over and can't find any answers. If you fix it, let me know. Its definitley an issue with the new flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a good 2 days on this and finally I have a solution to this problem. You need to uninstall all flash players you have on your computer by going to control panel > Add/remove programs.

Once you do that go to: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

download and install this:

(Released 3/05/2012) Flash Player 11.1.102.63 (174 MB)

note that you have to close all web browsers before you uninstall and install flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you, I will try this and update everyone. I previously did uninstall the flash I had before...but I didnt install that link you posted. Here goes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great help! I have spent several weeks wondering why my webcam wouldnt work any more! I knew it wasnt the cam as I tried it on a different computer, I downloaded new software for it pent hours on anti virus sites etc etc. What a waste of time when all it was was Adobe causing the problem!

Poor show Adobe!

really need to make sure this kind of thing doesnt happen again or if it does -FIX IT!

We shouldnt have to be downloading older versions of software to enable things to keep working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nomis - Does the new 11.3 beta 3 release resolve the problem for you?  If not, what OS and camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.3 Beta 3 has fixed the problem on my VX-1000 running under Windows XP Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.3 Beta 3 has also fixed my problem on mmy old webcam using XP

Good news! and thanks for the fix,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a website with Flash video issues. Ever since 11.1.xx I had issues with streaming video using the FMS with Firefox. I tried the 11.3 beta and now video and other .swfs behave properly in Firefox. Thanks for this release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with 11.3 beta 3 (11,3,300,250) on Windows XP SP3 and Lifecam VX-1000 with these bowsers :

- Internet Explorer 8

- Firefox 12

- Safari 5.0.4

But how to get the Chrome integrated player updated ? I'm still with v11,2,202,235 in that browser, although the plugin is said to be designed for all browsers other than IE... Chrome itself is in version 19.0.1084.52.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't be too long before 11.3 is officially released, but if you'd like you can follow these steps to override Chrome's internal plugin:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-google-chrome.html#main_I_am_a_developer__design...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the link. I had 3 active Flash players in Chrome, each one in a different version. One of them was not mentionned on the help page :

%userProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\11.1.31.203\pepflashplayer.dll

It was used as a second option, and couldn't detect at all the webcam, so I deactivated it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone running into this bug on the Mac please take a minute and generate a system report for us?  We've been trying to find devices to get this to reproduce but have so far been unable to locate one.  Please send your system report to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know my browser doesnt get a lot of love in the popularity stakes but im having the same issues in opera (also tried in chrome and ie). so when the update comes around please ensure that opera 11 is supported too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeaconTaylor, the 11.3 release is out today.  You can grab it at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  Please let us know how it works out for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its all good now. installed flash for other browsers and opera's working fine. uninstalled chrome and used one from flash installer. when i went to load cam it said im using an old version of flash do you want to upgrade so i said no and now its working too. thanks chris and flash team. dont let it happen again. just kidding. thanks for the quick fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why to you release updates that break things.  I doubt I will ever upgrade again.  Please test your software with webcams too to make sure it works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rdb4179, can you elaborate further?  Are you having a problem with your camera in 11.3?  If so, what operating system, browser, URL, and camera are you using?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeh, I still cant get my lifecam to work either! All I get is a dark still image of the first thing the cam sees when I turn it on! Im using an old version ( as suggested above) of flash in other browsers ( not chrome) It works fine then so i know its not the cam! Why make an "upgrade" that simply stops you cam from working??? ABSURD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nomis, I assume you didn't see my request to you almost a month ago to verify our fix with our beta 3 release?  It's hard for us to know if everything is working correctly if we can't reproduce it internally and we don't receive feedback from users.

Can you please open a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com.  I'd like to resolve this for you but we'll need more information since we are unable to reproduce internally.  When adding the bug, can you also include a system report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, our website streams live video using FMS and a very small subset of our customers (approximately 20 users ) have been complaining since April about issues with intermittent sound when they use the client player on the website. I have been able to reproduce this issue on one machine and removed all flash components from the machine, reinstalled and still the issue exists.

To clarify, the video seems to be fine but the audio is extremely choppy. Also using the same machine, I can view bbc live news, youtube videos etc with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, yes I did see your message about this " beta 3" thing! I tried downloading it as instructed but it made no difference at all!

Im posting my problems here  like everyone else who is having this problem. ( I have not the slightest idea what a "system report" is!)

The problem is obviously widespread from all the above posts so surely your experts can see they have made some kind of change that has upset a lot of cams? Im still wondering why you did this in the first place when your system worked fine before?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to add to the above: when I did try your "beta 3" all I got was "Google chrome has already downloaded the latest flash automatically"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines