Skip navigation
Vilius Šumskas
Currently Being Moderated

protecting RTMP and HLS streams

Apr 7, 2012 1:58 PM

Tags: #hls #protection #rtmp #fms_4.5

We have RTMP and HLS live and vod streams running on FMS interactive 4.5. Given that FMS documentation on security and content protection is very scarce I have the following questions:

1. How do I protect my live and vod RTMP streams from embedding in other webpages?

2. How do I protect my live and vod RTMP streams from capturing with special tools like rtmpdump?

3. How do I protect my live and vod HLS streams from embedding in other webpages?

4. How do I protect my live and vod HLS streams from capturing with special tools?

As far as I understood RTMPE is flawed by design because it can be captured with rtmpdump. SWFVerification also fails, because one can use exactly the same SWF player on their site. Can I somehow tell to my FMS server that it would allow only SWF player from my domain?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2012 4:48 AM   in reply to Vilius Šumskas

Hi,

outside these:

- swf verfication

- encryption (for rtmp and hls...)

- allowed swf (which can help you for your last question i think) and html domains set inside app

- apache authentication settings

- apache allow deny settings

imho and inside my experience with FMS, i am not aware of other tools for protection (on the other hand, i do think that it is enough for the rtmp but not for the HLS).

I know this does not help your case much (mine too) but view my post as my way of agreeing with you and as a support for getting better protection in future versions, especially for HLS.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points