Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Someone please point me to MENU BUILDING video for BEGINNERS.

Apr 7, 2012 9:52 AM

Hi. I have tried watching dozens of videos, but keep gettinglost as the video assumes you are at least intermediate or better. Example...

http://vimeo.com/8872147

But I get so lost, it is not even funny.

Is there a series of videos for BEGINNERS? People who know NOTHING?

What I need is to create a very simple menu where I have three videos to choose from and you can click and choose.

Best thing for me to do is give you this example here. The three boxes would each signify the videos.

tempexample.jpg

So again, each of those three pics would be the button to press to get to the corresponding video. I've been trying on and off for almost a year and have never been successful at this. TEXT explanations do not help. They are long winded and being dyslexic, I end up seeing gibberish. I need video tutorials.

I have Adobe CS5 production Premium. Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to msp1518

I do not have a video for you, but instead a book. Jeff Bellune (MOD here) wrote Focal Easy Guide to Adobe EncoreDVD 2.0, Focal Press, and though written for an earlier version of Encore, goes into great detail on what constitutes a Menu, and how to construct/modify them.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to msp1518

It can be difficult doing tutorials, or writing books, as one needs to consider the levels of their target audience. Some assume too high a level of expertise, and leave many behind, while other assume too low a level, and end up rather talking down to part of the audience. I feel that Jeff does a great job of showing all necessary details, to take one from 0 to full-speed, but is never condescending.

After all of these years, it is still a great book.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2012 3:26 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Here you go. You can buy the DVD to use as a resource or learn online (get the membership that gives you access to project files if you do it online).

http://store.lynda.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=970

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2012 11:47 PM   in reply to msp1518

I haven't read through your post but it's still marked at unanswered; this video goes through a 'motion' menu but it's very well done by an "Adobe Embasidor" easy to fallow and understand it has three parts to completion and includes most information you may need check it out it may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKFFoDm3nTQ (not sure if that will work search youtube with this: Creating Motion Menus with Encore CS4 & After Effects CS4 - Part 1        )

Goodluck have fun.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points