Skip navigation
MargelitJohn
Currently Being Moderated

DW 5.5 'Help' Menu error

Apr 8, 2012 4:32 PM

I recently purchased DW 5.5 on a CD.  When I click the 'Help' menu I get the following error: This installation of this application is damaged.  Try re-installing or contactin the publisher for assistance.  I tried re-installing and I still get the same message.  How do I get a new copy of this?  I bought if from Amazon.com.  Do go back to them?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 12:00 AM   in reply to MargelitJohn

This has nothing to do with any of that. If it merely extends to the help menu, it usually means one of the following:

• the community help client was never properly installed and thus DW can't display any help topics
    • the update manager was not installed properly or is doing something weird liek updating anotehr Adobe app and never finishing
    • there is something wrong with your licensing system and it cannot display tha Activate/Deactivate/Subscription and whatever options

All of this pretty much boils down to mundane permission issues, but since you didn't mention your operating system and system specs, nobody can advise more specifically. inm any case, uninstall, run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, restart the system, reinstall again, restart once more and see if it works then. also make sure to configure the community help client accordingly after the install...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 12:05 AM   in reply to MargelitJohn

follow the Kb article already present for this issue ;--

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/help-application-doesnt-updat e.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points