• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer asks for CS5.1 Disk but I puchased PS as a direct download.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today I reinstalled Windows, same computer just different new identity, so nothing recognizes it. Installing all of my other programs I had no problem. Even Maya worked just by entering the serial and product keys, but Photoshop is asking for an instal disc. Obviously I don't have one if I bought and downloaded it straight from the Adobe site. Need a fix for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

I went and downloaded PS again. Straight to my PC this time, and now the installer isn't asking for the disc and I'm at about 60% done.

Thanx for the help.

-looks for a close thread button- :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Log-in in your adobe.com account and then check in the order histoery,

You will be able to locate the  seial number and the download link for the photoshop cs5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Syv Le Fore't,

Did you download the version using this link? http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop

Can you provide us with more info about the source of your current installer?

Thanks,

Preran    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue can be of the download media. You can follow the steps listed at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369 to initiate a direct download else Create a new admin account and try to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since I had reinstalled windows, I backed up a lot of files to my phone. (SD card on it) I came to Adobe.com and redownloaded PS CS5.1 from the site via, "My Orders > Alt Download > File 1+2" I did this the same way when I first installed it. I've got no problem entering the Serial Key, but once the installer reaches the instal part it requests the CS5.1 Disc. Like I said I don't have because I bought PS as a download.

And no Preran. I didn't use that link. I never downloaded a trial copy. I bought a full product from having nothing previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go ahead and download the trial version from the link provided by preran , once download try and install it from it using your own serial  number.

If you get the same error , let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went and downloaded PS again. Straight to my PC this time, and now the installer isn't asking for the disc and I'm at about 60% done.

Thanx for the help.

-looks for a close thread button- :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats good to hear and as the installation completes backup the downloaded installer and save it.

Mark as a correct answer and then others would know that this Question has been Answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines