Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cuddled Braces option in FB 4.5?

Guide ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all;

I have not used Flash Builder in a while, and I'm having a hard time remembering where the option is to set it to automatically use cuddled braces, instead of starting the braces on a new line (IMO, this is a waste of space). I remember last time it took me a long time to find it as, well, but for the life of me I can't remember where this setting is. Please help me .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  I guess Flex IS dead. Nobody's home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Amy -

I'm not sure if I've understood the question fully. But, I think, you can do it by editing code templates. For example, open the Preferences dialog box, and select Flash Builder > Editors > Code Templates > ActionScript. Then select, say, the function template, and click Edit. In the Edit Template dialog box, you can edit the template to use cuddled braces.

Let me know if this is not what you were looking for.

Thanks,

Mallika Yelandur

Flash Builder Community Help & Learning

Adobe Systems Incorporated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, what I want is that I can use Ctrl-Shift-F and it will format new Classes that FB creates for me to have cuddled braces.  There doesn't seem to be a template exposed for that, and when a Class implements an interface, that can be a lot of braces to go back and fix by hand. I found this answer here http://forums.adobe.com/message/3850505 (that I had forgotten about) that suggests that there should be a "New Actionscript Class" template, but no such template exists in my installation. It's like FB is pulling this out of thin air, and there's no way to tell it how you want it.

Thanks;

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! I just found this by accident. I was looking next to the other templates (under Flash Builder>Editors>Code Templates). I've been misreading the path!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines