Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

problem while switching color under selection

Apr 8, 2012 12:58 AM

Tags: #problem; #swith #colors;

I get an error when I try to bring the default colors by pressing "D" then I try to swith them pressing "X" while I select some area.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 12:53 AM   in reply to Kareem Mesbah

When I select D and X, they work as expected.

I guess the obvious first question to you would be, "What is the error that you get?"

Some other things that may be helpful to know are:

What type of system are you on? (mac/pc,  what OS)

What video board are you using and is the driver up to date?

When you say "while I select some area"  I assume that means you have an area selected on the screen when you do this , right?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 7:12 AM   in reply to Pattie F

Crop Tool modal mode? maybe?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to Kareem Mesbah

I guess the obvious first question to you would be, "What is the error that you get?"

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to Kareem Mesbah

Photoshop crashes!?

What tool are you using while selecting?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 4:59 PM   in reply to Kareem Mesbah

OK. so which specific driver are you using for nVidia, file name and date? (I have an nVidia board and it was out of date the day my pc arrived, causing crashes) Also, are there two video boards in you system or one?  In some cases, Nvidia has a setup screen as to which to use for heavy GPU processing in Photoshop and other programs.

I tried with and without a selection on my screen and had no issues, so let's figure out what is different on your machine.

When Photoshop crashes doesn't it give you a window that allows you to copy crash information?

If f it does, will you please copy that information here along with the information from your system information in Photoshop (all above the serial number), then we'll take a look at it.  If it does not give you this screen, then is it just hung up (stuck) and you have to exit using task manager?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:53 AM   in reply to Pattie F

I am interpreting that you loaded the new driver, made sure of the settings using nVidia board instead of Intel for Photoshop, and that the error is gone, right? 

If you do get a crash again, (that is what happens when it asks you to close the program) please copy the information from the crash and post it here along with all the information above your serial number in the system information (from the main Photoshop menu, Hellp>System Info)

Thanks

Pattie

Reply from Kareem:

well the driver is 296.10 and I've two graphics boards one is intel and the other is nvidia.

also I made sure that photoshop runs on the nvidia's one.

something strange happend that the error is no longer been appears !!!

about the error message it just included that photoshop has stopped working and asked me to close the program.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:54 AM   in reply to Kareem Mesbah

You are welcome.    Is it working now?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status