• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not updating when creating PDF from Robo9

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not really created PDFs from Robo before, so I might be missing something basic. I am trying to create Word and PDF documents from my Robo9 project. My problem is that some of my topics are not being generated, in either the Word output or the PDF output. The topics are indeed part of the TOC in the Robo project, but they are not part of the TOC in the Word and PDF output. The strange thing is, all of the TOC books make the conversion, but the one book I am having the issue with includes one topic, but all of the other topics in that book do not get converted. I tried recreating the TOC, and it still does the same thing. It's almost like the printed documentation generation is ignoring any new changes to the TOC, as it's the same every time no matter what I change. I tried making some changes to topics that are generated, and I can indeed see the changes in the printed output docs.

Anything glaring I am missing, or should try? Thanks.

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely a common misunderstanding.

The first time you create printed documentation, the topics are based on the TOC. Thereafter there is no link.

When you add new topics to the project, they are not automatically in any of the TOCs. You have to add them to each TOC. It's the same with print, you have to add them in the print layout.

Easiest way is to simply use the double left chevrons to remove the topics in the print layout and then use the double right chevron to back in, the difference being it will add all the topics in the TOC and as you added the new topics there, they will be in the print layout.

There's more in Printed Documentation on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as I suspected it was an easy fix. I just created a new printed documentation layout, and it generated fine. I assumed regenerating the original one would update the TOC and content, but it seems not.

Thanks!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to create a new layout. Just trashing amending the content would be enough and much quicker. Just two clicks.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp