Skip navigation
MikelProductions
Currently Being Moderated

Resize in browser problem

Apr 8, 2012 2:25 PM

Hi,recently i have made a project in Flash Catalyst,but i have a problem with the resize in the browser.When i open the project from a pc which resolution is lower than 1920x1080 the elements don't resize right.My background resizes but the other elements (such us buttons) do not! How can i fix this?Is there any way?

I use Windows 7 x64 and Flash Catalyst CS5.5.

Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to MikelProductions

You need to set the constraints on all your components in the project. This tells the project how each element should respond to be being resized.

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 7.58.17 AM.png

This is button that is positioned toward the upper left of a project. Note the circle elements, these are the constraint handles. When you click on them, this will apply a display constraint to the component.

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 7.58.33 AM.png

So now, this button will remain locked or constrained to the upper left of the window. If you need to change how the constraint is applied, right click on the blue anchor, and contextual menu will appear. This menu will allow you to change it from Fixed (default), Center, or None.

Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 8.00.07 AM.png

Before retorfitting an entire project. Start a new project, play with a few components to get the feel, then apply what you have learned to the real project.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to MikelProductions

This might help you understand the issues you are facing:

http://chrisgriffith.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/understanding-resizing-a nd-scaling-in-flash-catalyst/

What you want in scaling of your content and not resizing. To Flash Catalyst, there is a difference.

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points