Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Does Muse support Search Engine Optimization?

Mar 30, 2012 12:49 PM

When I publish a site, does the code enable search engines to rank the pages, the way it works when I build sites in Dreamweaver or other traditional means?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

Muse may be "designed to generate search engine friendly code" but it falls flat in execution.

Without the ability to visually and semantically mark-up your content (much in the same way we can edit XML in InDesign), Muse is a poor tool for SEO.

Adobe Muse FAQ wrote:

...Using blogs and social media is one way to reach out to a larger audience and keep your content current to attract more traffic.

The reason why blogs are so effective is because they actually employ semantic markup that is understood by search engines. If you make a Muse site and a separate blog with the same content, your blog will do much better in search results.  Just look at the Horace and Lydia site that is featured in the Muse showcase. The blog pages appear higher and with more frequency than the Muse-generated site. The Muse site probably would not be as well ranked if Adobe.com was not linking to it as part of the Muse showcase. Even the heft of Adobe's link popularity cannot make the Muse-created site rank higher than what can be achieved with a simple blogging platform.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=horace+and+lydia+pizza

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:34 AM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

It doesn't seem to me like Muse supports SEO. I posted a question about this and they removed it from the forum??????????????????

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:13 AM   in reply to Michaeldub14

Was it removed or moved? The Muse forum has several confusing (redundant: 'help with' and 'general questions about') subforums.

Click your name to find your profile page and all posts you have made.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 8:43 AM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

For a comprehensive guide to SEO strategy in Muse, please see the following tutorial:

Strategies for Muse site search engine optimization

For specific instructions how to add metadata/keywords, jump to the section:

Adding metadata keywords and descriptions to page properties

Best regards,

Corey

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points