Skip navigation
Sean616161
Currently Being Moderated

Having trouble putting my website on the internet after switching to newer version of Dreamweaver

Apr 9, 2012 11:48 AM

Hi everyone,

There is probably a really easy solution to this, but I've been trying to figure it out for about a week now and I'm stumped. I am admittedly an amateur when it comes to building websites, but I have maintained a simple site for about 10 years now so I know my way around the program and its basic features. I had been using Dreamweaver MX 2004 on my Mac as I was running 10.5 but recently updated to OSX 10.7 and MX2004 no longer worked. So I downloaded a trial version of CS5.5 to see if it would work for me, and if it does I plan to purchase the full program. So I've gone into the program, and my website opens in it perfectly. I can edit my pages and everything with no problems at all so I am very satisfied. I then updated a page and tried to "put" it to upload it to my site. Everything goes through fine, no error messages or anything. However, when I go to view my site in safari the updates are not there it still displays the old page. I go through and check the file in the local, remote and testing sever and they all show the new page however on the actual site on the internet the old page is still displayed. I've tried putting the page individually and putting the entire site but nothing changes, the site still shows the old version. If anyone could give me any pointers at all on what my problem may be I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 3:25 PM   in reply to Sean616161

What's the link to your site on the web? What page do you want us to test? What should we be seeing there i.e. what does the new page look like?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points