Skip navigation
laprofe1
Currently Being Moderated

Disk 1 vs Disk 2

Apr 9, 2012 12:31 PM

Did I make a big mistake when I installed PSE10 from Disk 1 instead of Disk 2 on my Win7 64 bit system?  I think those instructions should have been more prominent, perhaps in the Quick Start Guide!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to laprofe1

No, disc 2 is for PRE (trial if all you bought is PSE).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to laprofe1

For more details u can check this link

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/install-premiere-elements -photoshop-elements.html

You wil get to know the details of the discs for PSE and PRE

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 6:00 PM   in reply to laprofe1

No, PSE is always 32 bit. In the five-disc set disc 2 is for PRE for 64 bit windows.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,848 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 4:25 AM   in reply to laprofe1

On Windows 64 bit you should have started with disk 2 and then disk 4 to add the content for Premiere Elements. Disk 2 will install both programs.

As Barbara says PSE is only 32 bit so no need to worry. I suggest you run disk 2 and start the installation again. If PSE is working fine it should be automatically recognized without needing to be overwritten. Or simply select PRE in the set-up options.

Once you have both programs running use disk 4 to install the SD and HD content if you intend to use the instant movies and themes.

You can check afterwards that all is OK. PRE will be found in C:Program Files\Adobe and PSE will be found in C:Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)