Skip navigation
mds132
Currently Being Moderated

Enter Key will NOT Start Rendering

Apr 9, 2012 1:13 PM

I should be able to hit the enter key in my project/sequence and have it render effects, changes, etc .  but when I hit enter in Premiere CS5 will not render for some reason. It was working fine yesterday but today it will not render. What am I doing wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to mds132

Is there a yellow or red bar indicating something needs rendering?  Is your work area bar covering the area needing rendering?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to needles27

Here are the nitty-gritty details about rendering previews that give some context for the question that needles27 asked (which is totally the right question):

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2011/02/red-yellow-and-gree n-render-bars.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 6:58 PM   in reply to mds132

Welcome to the forum.

If you have red and yellow lines, above certain Clips, and Enter is not Rendering the Timeline, it does sound like the WAB has been set to exclude those Clips. See this ARTICLE for more detail on the WAB (Work Area Bar).

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to mds132

Great news!

The WAB bit me recently, as I had adjusted it to "measure" the needed duration of some Clips for my music. I forgot to reset it, and Exported. With the Video, all was good, as the setting was Export Sequence, but for my DD 5.1 SS AC3, through the SurCode plug-in, I ONLY got the area of WAB. Fortunately, it was an easy fix, with but one more Export involved, but had me initially scratching my head, when I got the first Exports into Encore.

The WAB can limit both the Rendering, or the Export.

Good luck, and glad that you found the issue.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points